Monday 11-Continuing with exploring today, we went with David to the market for fruits and vegetables and then searched out a fish shop recommended to him but it was closed. I think he said everything closes between 1 and 3:30.
He and Karen went to practice that evening and kids and I played games till bedtime.
Tuesday 12- I'm up early every morning so I take a walk and explore. Today I went the other way along the fabulous walkway by the beach and viewed the sites. It was about 3.3 km out and back.
There are benches all along where you can just sit and enjoy the day and do some people/dog watching. I didn't spend much time doing that as there is so much more to see. I continued on past a marina and found myself staring up at a huge castle. I was taking pictures through the fence until I came to a gate which looked very inviting so I went in. It was all so tranquil away from the street noises. I wandered up the path and then stairs to a parklike area with benches.
After enjoying myself inside I found an upper gate that let me into the city on the other side. I was anxious to get home and tell Karen about this secluded spot that I thought would make a great place for her to sit and write.
Didn't go along the beach today, but instead I went up first street to explore the city. I wandered here and there and occasionally saw something I knew and other times had no idea where I was. I covered a lot of ground and just when I was wearing out and wondering where on earth the water was( our guiding light for direction) I came upon a sign pointing to Castillo and I knew then my way home.
Walked through an industrial district. Car repair, hardware stores, paint stores, and even a New Holland place with this mural on the side.
Came back toward the water along beside the big highway entering the city. I saw a couple of big ships docked. This was just before I got to Castillo.
































Comments
Post a Comment