We left Crotone Saturday at 1:30 by train. It took us across the toe to Lamezia about 2 hr. We changed there and had an hour to find our track and get settled. Lamezia to Salerno- 2.5 hr. We had 2+hours to wait there so we took our food out to a square outside the station and ate and watched the natives coming and going and milling around. When they finally posted our track number we made our way to it, only to be told on the screen that the number had changed. So, we gathered our stuff and headed down the stairs again to the under the tracks walkway (subway, they call it) and up to the new platform. The train was there so we boarded and found our seats, but decided to spread out as this was an overnight trip. There were few people at first so it wasn't a problem, but with the many stops all through the night, we held our breath at each one. No one disturbed us and we did sleep, I think. That ride was 9 hours.
They were not announcing the stops through the night so when I came to I watched the time to decide when we needed to start getting our stuff ready to get off. We only had 6 minutes to get from track 18 to 2B but thankfully we didn't have to go all the way from 18 down. Our path veered off at 15 to go to track 2B. We made it.
Grateful for the map as the atlas I'm using doesn't show Lamezia. I'm having fun following your journey!
ReplyDelete