The day began as usual with a walk. Only did 5 k today, but as always there were new things to see. I'm guessing this is a tribute to someone like we see crosses on the road where someone has died. This one had a glass front with various objects inside that I thought might represent the life of Kekko.
Along the beach were rows of rooves like this that may be private or places to rent. Apparently, the tourists have not found this place yet as they say tourism is not big. Can't imagine why not. I love it here and thankfully it's not all commercial, so prices are reasonable.
On the way back I spotted a garden with pineapples growing.
When I got back I decided to go to the bank as I'd used up the little cash I'd brought with me. As I returned I saw that the little church was open so I went in to have a look and had my prayer time there. It reminded me of Easter in 2018 when I sat in a church in Moirans and prayed for Jean.
I had worn my new sneakers today and they felt great.
In the afternoon we met the girl who cleans the rooms. She also has a sewing business, and you can see her work on Facebook- Malachite Fatto a Mano.
They bought Joanna some scrunchies which she delivered later that day.
Dimos and David and the kids went to toss football on the beach till dark and then David and I went to get our pizza for supper. This was a different shop, the uncle of Delio.On the way back we stopped to watch a Good Friday service in the church courtyard. They were lining the yard and there were candles in the middle in the shape of a cross. We could understand very few words being read but caught enough to believe they were doing "the ways of the cross". Three people stood at the end with a cross and 2 candles and at a certain time something was sung, something was repeated and then they move to one side of the yard and 3 others took over. We watched this 3 times and then decided we had to move on to feed the family. On the finally time as we were leaving we heard them say Quattro stanzia( 4th station) it was very moving and I'm sure more so if we understood.
We got back and enjoyed our pizza and some wine and then a game of Phase 10. Since we eat so late, bedtime followed soon after.











Comments
Post a Comment