Now I'll try again.
The B&B provides breakfast but at a different place so we went to the cafe to enjoy our coffee or fresh squeezed juice and croissants with nutella, crema , cioccolato , or I forget the other-filling inside. Unfortunately, we found out later that we were not entitled to do that anymore since we'd gotten such a good rate on the rooms.We wandered back home and got ready to be picked up at 1:30 to go to Coach Chiccio's house, again in 2 cars. He often has a big meal for many people. In fact, David was there the Sunday I made final arrangements for my plane ticket over. It was another beautiful day worthy of shorts and t-shirts.
I met many new people and kept practicing their names around the table. Dimos , the other Canadian coach that shares the apartment came in the cars after their game.
There were several players from the tackle team and several of their girlfriends play flag football. Chiccio, his wife, Tanya(our hosts), their son, Fabio-14, and the daughter, Erica, who does not live at home. She plays flag and her boyfriend, Fofo, plays tackle. Then there was Francesco , who goes by Spaniolo , and his girl, Frederica, who is recovering from a terrible car accident. Also, Kikko and his girl, Selina, and later Delio , who brought Karen after her online English lesson.
The meal consisted of several courses. Appetizers were pigs in a blanket and savory muffins. Chiccio had started his famous pasta sauce early in the morning and that was served over tiny homemade pasta rolled with a fork and topped with grated cheese , accompanied by chunks of crusty bread. Next, was the meat and potato course, which was thinly sliced pork, fried, I think, and thin wedges of fried potatoes.
The meal consisted of several courses. Appetizers were pigs in a blanket and savory muffins. Chiccio had started his famous pasta sauce early in the morning and that was served over tiny homemade pasta rolled with a fork and topped with grated cheese , accompanied by chunks of crusty bread. Next, was the meat and potato course, which was thinly sliced pork, fried, I think, and thin wedges of fried potatoes.
When people had finished eating challenges began to be heard for Jenga . There followed several rowdy games with spectators making as much noise as participants.
Three delicious kinds of squares appeared next, and that brought people back around. Some of us had Italian coffee, too.
People were disappearing and I learned they were preparing for a game of flag football. Anyone who wanted could play, including the kids, and they made several teams of 3 each. After a number of games and then playoffs with overtimes the girls were declared winners.
At that moment it started to rain. I was so cold I thought it might be snow. I continue to be surprised that it's not warmer here. We said our thank you's and piled in the cars for the drive home. All the streets in that area are named for countries. I saw Ukraine branching off Russia. How ironic! I didnt see Canada.
It was a great day, lots of memories and new friends despite lack of ability to converse.






Sounds like a great day. Love all your details!
ReplyDeleteDavid corrected me on one item. Erica does live at home as do most young people until they are married. Also, an added fact is the whole family shares one car, at least here, which is the only experience we have to call on.
ReplyDelete