Skip to main content

17- All Good Things Come to an End

 

My latest caricature created from my  birthday picture at Richard's 

(My teeth are definitely not that perfect, but thanks AI)



March is ending and so is my visit in France. I've tried to capture and share some of the beauty, and the fun I've had.

The weekend of March 21 the Elite team had a home game so I decided to go exploring for the day till game time at 4. I got off the bus in Gières and walked down to the beginning of B tram. I deposited an English book I'd brought with me at the free library at that stop. It has a note in it asking if the person who takes it would contact me. I'm anxious to see if someone will.

I got on the B tram with no plan but as I went, I thought I would ride it all the way as I have done a couple other lines. It's a great way to see the city and get the 'lay of the land'. I didn't realized how far it went. From my seat I could people watch, window shop, and even tour some of the campus and ended up on the other side of the city.  I had taken a picnic in hopes of finding a good spot to eat when time came. It was a beautiful warm +17. The route ended at Oxford stop( the end) and I hung around and listened because the driver was yelling (on the speaker) that this man had to get off because it was the end. They argued back and forth, but I didn't wait to see what she would do. I know that you just get off and cross the street and catch the next one going back. Sometimes it's the same tram, but you have to get off as it's their break. I discovered the river and a bridge I'd seen which gave me a landmark to go by.  The rowers were out from their club and I watched them glide by.   

I walked under the bridge but my walk was cut short because I've been having some trouble with my leg and didn't want to go too far from transportation. I ended up further up the street and caught a B going back. I was messaging with some from back home and showed them my day and happened to catch the front of the tram in the picture.
I ended up back on campus because I knew there were places to sit and eat and it was near my connection for the match. Notice the top right pic. They created 2 big grassy slopes where lots of the students were sunning and relaxing. I found a quiet bench near my stop and ate my lunch and took off a couple of layers of clothing. Then I studied the transit map to see where else I could explore before the game. I discovered at one of the Stades,  where we have played several times, there is actually a pond/lake I didn't even know was there. 
Before the match even started at 4, the sun was sinking and with it the temperature and a wind showed up. It was a crushing loss, and rain started just as we got to our bus stop to leave.
(Bottom left a rugby match in the same complex)

Sunday, it was still raining and U18 were headed to Valence. I went in with David in hopes there would be a seat for me, but both vans were packed full, so I came back home by bus. They arrived back in the evening tired and disappointed.


Since then, they played a game at home which they won and Tedy even got a TD.

I travelled with the Elite to Cannes on the 28th, my last game. The bus ride was wild with huge winds causing us to sway and swerve. We arrived around 4 and once again as the sun goes down so does the temperature. In case, I had brought every warmth giving thing I had and was ok. 

Didn't do any walking around Cannes as it was getting dark( it was the night of their time change). Watched soccer, bike riders, runners, and warm-ups as this complex had it all ( even a bike track)

We left around midnight to head home. It was a quiet ride after another loss, but the wind was still strong (wind gusts up to 84 kph) and there were bus problems which after 2 delays caused them to have to send another bus and driver. We didn't get back to Grenoble till after 8 (new time) and David had to go to the U18 game that I mentioned so I took the bus home. Missed Tedy's best game and slept most of the day. 

Since then, I've abandoned a puzzle-

 my eyes are getting worse and without a magnifying glass I could not tell the dark colours from each other.
Had a haircut- 

Managed to pack everything-
Finished an Easter surprise and hid it for the family-.
fuzzy-headed creatures containing a choc. egg and a box containing s'mores bark made in the crock pot. I sent clues on Sunday.

And travelled about 20 hours( through time zones and layovers) from house to house-
Now I have slept 4 nights in my own bed and celebrated Easter with my church family.
Before I left, Joanna gifted me a crocheted creation she had made. I named it JiGgy, using our initials, and documented our journey to send back to her. I think we even flew over Greenland.



Now, I  am trying to keep warm, and figure what I need to do with myself. It was a trip to remember with many new experiences and a lot of fabulous pictures. 
Thank you for joining me on the journey once again. 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13- Wow! It's February

  I've seen several memes of shock that it's February and I thought the same. But, I am happy for each change as spring marches toward us. Our days are getting longer and dawn comes earlier. I'm not a bird-er, but I used my Merlin app to record the pre-dawn serenade through my open window and this is the singer. He has several songs, some more melodious than others. I thought it was more than one species but Merlin only comes up with this fellow.  I walk the dog in an empty space behind the school where I can let him off leash. This is what I encountered one day as I strolled in the leaves. Don't look too closely at first, and what do you suppose I thought? It took my heart a little while to settle down from the startle factor and then I laughed and got a picture.  I attended a Tony Robbins webinar on line for 3 days, well evenings for me, because of being ahead 6 hours. I, also, was following a missing person reports from home, with no positive results as yet. Sunday 1...

14- Enjoying Olympics

We've had so much rain, so on my walk this morning, when there was no traffic, I actually heard the waterfall. It's not very visible from the road but the sound reminded me to look up.  We enjoyed Tedy's 15th birthday with his requested supper of Chicken Caesar and Joanna made chocolate chip cookies to turn into ice cream sandwiches. David's desk is in the room where I spend my time, so we've shared a lot of the highs and lows for Canada, as he works away on his football plans and watching film. Last night, while he was at practice , I witnessed Canada Women's Hockey and shared the sorrow of their overtime loss of gold. Right now I'm in the midst of cheering women's curling semi-final against Sweden. GO CANADA GO! Spring is starting to show its sweet face, but I guess, there's been an unusual amount of rain, and Karen has been telling me about hearing reports of avalanches, including one that shut down the trains to and from Valence area.  Football s...