I've seen several memes of shock that it's February and I thought the same. But, I am happy for each change as spring marches toward us. Our days are getting longer and dawn comes earlier. I'm not a bird-er, but I used my Merlin app to record the pre-dawn serenade through my open window and this is the singer. He has several songs, some more melodious than others. I thought it was more than one species but Merlin only comes up with this fellow.
I walk the dog in an empty space behind the school where I can let him off leash. This is what I encountered one day as I strolled in the leaves. Don't look too closely at first, and what do you suppose I thought? It took my heart a little while to settle down from the startle factor and then I laughed and got a picture.
Sunday 1st there was a B-team home game so I took the bus to attend. I went in early to do some exploring and ended up walking almost 8 km. on that adventure.
They won 20-18, their first win this season. Then, Tedy and I returned home on the bus because flag team was using the van. David scootered later after the celebrating.Monday David was busy preparing for the season opener of the Elite team and needed ink, so I was tasked with going to town to buy it. Thankfully, in the past, I have been to places with him so I knew where to go, but had the adventure of conversing with the staff to find what I needed, get it unlocked from the rack, and paid for. These excursions, along with grocery jaunts and dog walks have netted my first 100 km. for the year.
I've also added to my puzzle portfolio:
Friday afternoon we had a quick trip to Geneva to pick up a player coming in from Texas to replace the import QB, who quit on Sunday. They then attended practice in the evening and he played Saturday night. He had been here before, and could arrange to come quickly while they look for someone for the season.
Unfortunately, they lost to Perpignan Grizzlies 24-14, but made a good showing despite the setback.
David left the computer set up for me to watch Superbowl while he went off to join some of the team at a sports bar. But, because it was 12:30 am here I didn't last, but learned from him, when he got home in the wee hours, our team had lost. I watched highlights and it looked like a good game though.
Now, on to catch some Olympics (which are in my time zone)
À bientôt.



Comments
Post a Comment