Sunday morning I was up before everyone and went for a walk on the beach and back on the cobblestone sidewalk. It is already buzzing with runners and walkers no matter how early after daylight that I look. Of course, there was much new to see. I noticed that most of them go along the tide line where the sand is firm. There are several rock walls along the waterline, I think to preserve the sand. The water comes in around them as the tide rises. They are never covered over so the water line waves along in a zig zag way out to the rocks then in to the water edge then out and in, in a curly line.
Along the street/sidewalk next to the beach are deep steps that you can sit on.
After my walk I took Tedy to the beach to play in the sand. He was determined to go in the water, which he did. Then He did a sculpture.
Joanna joined us and while they were playing we began to hear music. They said, "there's a parade!" At first I said it was just someone singing but when I stood I saw all the people in the street and I realized they were marching past. Then I saw palm branches and it dawned on me that it was Palm Sunday.
I'm going to post this though not finished as my computer has gone wonky and
I can't type with it until I get it sorted out. Ciao, for now.
My latest caricature created from my birthday picture at Richard's (My teeth are definitely not that perfect, but thanks AI) March is ending and so is my visit in France. I've tried to capture and share some of the beauty, and the fun I've had. The weekend of March 21 the Elite team had a home game so I decided to go exploring for the day till game time at 4. I got off the bus in Gières and walked down to the beginning of B tram. I deposited an English book I'd brought with me at the free library at that stop. It has a note in it asking if the person who takes it would contact me. I'm anxious to see if someone will. I got on the B tram with no plan but as I went, I thought I would ride it all the way as I have done a couple other lines. It's a great way to see the city and get the 'lay of the land'. I didn't realized how far it went. From my seat I could people watch, window shop, and even tour some of the campus and ended up on the other side of...





Comments
Post a Comment