After a great trip on Friday, we went to Madeline's handball game on Saturday in St. Marcellin. It's famous in the area for its cheese. Just some countryside shots.
Walnut orchard or grove (Apples grow in orchards, but oranges grow in groves. ... A grove is a small wood or stand of trees lacking dense undergrowth. “Grove” is also defined as a group of trees planted and cultivated for fruit or nut production.) This is a common sight in the countryside- In 1938, the Grenoble walnut became the first fruit to receive the French quality symbol equivalent to the European “Protected Designation of Origin” (PDO). This designation protects the name, guarantees the link between a product and its geographical origin (the “terroir”) and ensures that walnuts are produced according the traditional “savoir-faire”, passed down from one generation to another.

looking for store to buy something to eat. Unfortunately, stores close at 12:30 so no food, but I got to see a little of the area surrounding the game stadium. I did find a bakery, not yet closed, so got some croissants. There were no bleachers at the field so I had to stand for the whole match which didn't help my back difficulties, but it was worth it and I will survive.
So I can say that I got to see a good number of southeastern France's towns/cities on this trip-
Moirans, Voiron (chartreuse), Saint-Egreve, Voreppe, La Buisse (recycle center), St. Marcellin (cheese), Montelimar (nougat), Nimes (Roman coliseum), Tullins, Lyons, Chambery, Thonon-les-Bains (sorry, accents are missing) It has been a great visit.
Walnut orchard or grove (Apples grow in orchards, but oranges grow in groves. ... A grove is a small wood or stand of trees lacking dense undergrowth. “Grove” is also defined as a group of trees planted and cultivated for fruit or nut production.) This is a common sight in the countryside- In 1938, the Grenoble walnut became the first fruit to receive the French quality symbol equivalent to the European “Protected Designation of Origin” (PDO). This designation protects the name, guarantees the link between a product and its geographical origin (the “terroir”) and ensures that walnuts are produced according the traditional “savoir-faire”, passed down from one generation to another.
The Terroir -The Grenoble walnut grows on walnut trees from the Isere river valley, in the alpine region on the east border of France. This river’s source is a glacier called “Aiguille Rousse”, located 11,500 feet high. This fresh water gives the characteristic freshness and fineness to the Grenoble walnut.
The alpine climate, characterized by long and frigid winters, helps protecting the fruits by killing pests. The Grenoble walnut has a double protection: a golden solid shell, hidden in a green “brou” (husk) which protects the nut from any outside contact.
Sunday David and I traveled on the team bus with the junior team (the one Sam plays on) to Thonon, up by Lake Geneva.
It was my last chance to see another town. I had a 2 hour wait from the time we arrived till game time so I wandered around
looking for store to buy something to eat. Unfortunately, stores close at 12:30 so no food, but I got to see a little of the area surrounding the game stadium. I did find a bakery, not yet closed, so got some croissants. There were no bleachers at the field so I had to stand for the whole match which didn't help my back difficulties, but it was worth it and I will survive.
Certainly not the comfort and view that this couple enjoyed.
Moirans, Voiron (chartreuse), Saint-Egreve, Voreppe, La Buisse (recycle center), St. Marcellin (cheese), Montelimar (nougat), Nimes (Roman coliseum), Tullins, Lyons, Chambery, Thonon-les-Bains (sorry, accents are missing) It has been a great visit.

Comments
Post a Comment