Oh, my, goodness. It's Wednesday already. I took a huge walk (1 hr. 40 min.) on Monday and I'm still recovering. I went for the purpose of seeing a mural that Karen told me about, but of course, I took various other routes to do more exploring. I was collecting pictures of graffiti. We discovered last year that it is everywhere. I even saw the eaves of a tall barn way out in the country. Sometimes I wonder how the 'artist' was able to reach the locations. I don't think the mural is part of the graffiti trend though. Here are just a few from around Moirans. Noticed I positioned the mountains in my shot)
Isn't this sweet. Talk about 'tiny houses'. The yard was very well-kept with pots of flowers and little bird baths.
Now others are blooming, including trees and bushes blossoming.
This is a shot looking back at Moirans from the road that goes to Tullins . It isn't as good as I'd hoped. You can just see the cathedral in the center (which is the center of town)
a magpie, I caught taking off
Along with collecting graffiti, my walk took me to many new places. I walked out of town from their house, probably 1 kilometer and then back. Then I went through the town to get to the mural, and then on my way back I took a different street that led me out of town in another direction. I always want to see what's around the next corner, and the next and I get carried away.
Stopped in to see the local church as the door was open. Beautiful.
Another thing I love to notice wherever I go are the flowers and trees. When I first came these flowers were already out everywhere.
They have survived the snow and rain and cold and wind and are still popping up through the grass all over the place.
Now others are blooming, including trees and bushes blossoming.
This Magnolia tree is in their yard and about to pop any day, but today (Thurs.) we had big winds that started out balmy, but then brought a mix of rain and almost hail. This blossom was one of its casualties.
One more picture I want to share before I'm done is of the bicycle parking lot by the Gare(train station) in Grenoble, one of the many methods to get around. You can rent by day, month or longer, I think.
I enjoy the outdoor life here. The other day I sat out in the sun to read, but these pouring rain days make it uncomfortable to walk the kids back and forth to school.
I'll finish with more pictures from my Monday walk out Rue de La Republique.
This is a shot looking back at Moirans from the road that goes to Tullins . It isn't as good as I'd hoped. You can just see the cathedral in the center (which is the center of town)
a magpie, I caught taking off
contrast of mountains and, I'm guessing. farmland
I want to see what happens with a comment. Can people actually post?
ReplyDelete