I thought the mountains around Grenoble were beautiful, but Friday we took a day trip to Aosta, Italy past Mont Blanc and THOSE are some fabulous mountains. I'm going to post pictures I took but they will not fully display the awesomeness of what we saw.
Left home around 8.
Early start so 'pain au chocolat' from the bakery for breakfast.
Looks like another beautiful day.
I've just spent a half hour trying to get the pictures and the words where I want them to be and they won't, so 'let the pics fall where they may'.
As we traveled north from Grenoble the mountains grew taller, well, they didn't 'grow' but they were taller.
Mont Blanc became our view. Le Mont Blanc, meaning "White Mountain", is the highest mountain in the Alps and the highest in Europe west of Russia’s Caucasus peaks. It rises 4,808.7 m above sea level and is ranked 11th in the world in topographic prominence. Wikipedia
and you come out in Italy. We continued on to Aosta which we'd chosen as our destination. We decided we needed to find a place for the children to unwind and be active so we found a great park and playground. We played and ate our lunch and just enjoyed the beautiful t-shirt weather.
Proof we had Italian pizza.
Left home around 8.
Early start so 'pain au chocolat' from the bakery for breakfast.
Looks like another beautiful day.
I've just spent a half hour trying to get the pictures and the words where I want them to be and they won't, so 'let the pics fall where they may'.
We traveled through the tunnel which is 11.6 km long
and you come out in Italy. We continued on to Aosta which we'd chosen as our destination. We decided we needed to find a place for the children to unwind and be active so we found a great park and playground. We played and ate our lunch and just enjoyed the beautiful t-shirt weather.
and one more beauty
I took so many pictures that my camera battery died. David took a few more shots for me in the town.Proof we had Italian pizza.
It was a great days making lots of good memories.
The photos look marvelous and you had great weather! I love mountains!
ReplyDelete