18-Sunday's game, Centaures vs. Centurions, we traveled to Nîmes. We got there more than 2 hours before game time so Karen and I walked into the old part of town, about an hour each way. We went to visit {The Arena of Nîmes is a Roman amphitheatre, situated in the French city of Nîmes. Built around AD 70, it was remodelled in 1863 to serve as a bullring. The Arena of Nîmes is the site of two annual bullfights during the Feria de Nîmes, and it is also used for other public events.
Sainte-Perpétue Church and Sainte-Félicité de Nîmes
The building encloses an elliptical central space 133 m long by 101 m wide. It is ringed by 34 rows of seats supported by a vaulted construction. It has a capacity of 24,000 spectators and since 1989 has a movable cover and a heating system} {https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arena_of_Nîmes }
Sainte-Perpétue Church and Sainte-Félicité de Nîmes
Pradier fountain, Place de l'Esplanade
It was a great day topped off with winning 43-14.
The week was relatively routine. Tuesday Karen, Sam and I walked to an Italian market to see what they had. Nice oranges from Sicily, some good cheeses, and pasta.
Wednesday we visited another farm market where all the products are local- meat, eggs, cheese, honey, vegetables, jams, and baked goods- to name some of what we saw.
The week has still been cool. Not what I'm hoping for from spring.
This Saturday the time changes here which will make it tough as David and I are going with Sam and the junior team to Thonon, and will have to leave home at 6:45 a.m. to go to the team bus.
I'm getting behind in my postings so will send this off now as I need to create another to talk about Friday.
The week was relatively routine. Tuesday Karen, Sam and I walked to an Italian market to see what they had. Nice oranges from Sicily, some good cheeses, and pasta.
Wednesday we visited another farm market where all the products are local- meat, eggs, cheese, honey, vegetables, jams, and baked goods- to name some of what we saw.
The week has still been cool. Not what I'm hoping for from spring.
This Saturday the time changes here which will make it tough as David and I are going with Sam and the junior team to Thonon, and will have to leave home at 6:45 a.m. to go to the team bus.
I'm getting behind in my postings so will send this off now as I need to create another to talk about Friday.
Comments
Post a Comment