Monday, March 5- Another work week begins, school and office. Today Joanna had her Carnaval party at school- dress up and masks.
This is an interesting tree I see all over the place. I call them camouflage trees, but I really don't know what they are. Their bark comes off in patches and new bark forms. As it does it seems to change colours. I'm fascinated by them and would like to learn more.
played both ways so was on the field most of the game. It was a good game but they endured another loss against Lyon. I got some beautiful mountain shots at the stadium.




It was a nice day, but when the sun went down the usual wind came up and it got a little chilly. We had to walk/ bus/ and tram to pick up the van and then went to get something to eat and came home.
It was a GREAT finish to another lovely week.
Tuesday started off with rain but the sun came out in the afternoon. Tedy's class went on a trip to go snowshoeing. It's hard to fathom that half an hour away you can be knee deep in snow. They had a great time.
After school we went for a stroll in the park by their house. Imagine having these views a minute outside your door.
This is an interesting tree I see all over the place. I call them camouflage trees, but I really don't know what they are. Their bark comes off in patches and new bark forms. As it does it seems to change colours. I'm fascinated by them and would like to learn more.
Another interesting thing I learned, which I was quite impressed by, is that everywhere there are helps for the blind. I first noticed a path in the train station with 2 rows of these rubber strips and a path between so they can sweep their cane and feel them, and Karen filled me in on what they are.
Then I realized they are in town at all the intersections and crosswalks. They are a rubbery section with raised bumps that you can feel to indicate that you are at a crosswalk.
Wed. Samuel, Tedy, and I picked up Joanna at school and took the glass to smash in the bin. There is no school Wed. afternoons. Madeline has been sick so lying low these days.
Thursday was another beautiful day. Dare I hope spring is here. Today I went to the Post Office and learned how to buy a stamp and mail a card. After school, Joanna learned to drive a bike without the training wheels. The joy on her face could not be removed.
Friday, Karen and Samuel had an appointment in town so they left with David. I walked the kids to school, picked them up at lunch, took them back and got them after school. Madeline was still sick so she was the only one home. After school I took the kids to the park so Joanna could practice some more and they found some kids there to play with. Charlie came over when he got home from school and Karen and Sam were home before supper. Weather continues to be spring-like.
Saturday, Sam had a football game at 4 . He, his parents and I went in by train as the club was using the van. Sam (72)
played both ways so was on the field most of the game. It was a good game but they endured another loss against Lyon. I got some beautiful mountain shots at the stadium.
On Sunday, the Centaures game was at 2 at the same stadium as last week. They played the Pessac Kangaroos and defeated them 32-12. It was a great game, lots of exciting action, and every player got to play.
Tedy got to be part of the celebration on the shoulders of another Teddy, whose shirt number he wears. Charlie and Sam are in the back sporting their Centaures toques. (Yes, once again the wind came up to bring a chill to the shaded side of the field.)
It was a GREAT finish to another lovely week.

Great post! Did you make the dress? I love the photos but am confused about American football. Where are you?
ReplyDelete