Sunday August 21- I got to go to visit the church I used to attend when I was here in 2003. In fact the building where they now meet is a place I had been to before and is only about 20 min. walk from where I live. I was driven there yesterday so I don't think I could find it on my own yet, but I will be able to eventually. It was great to see some familiar faces. Some had not changed, but my former students were all grown up. The teen girls I had lessons with are now beautiful young ladies out working and one is even married. The children I had in class are now teenagers.
It is good to see the faithfulness of God looking after our family around the world and also to see the faithfulness of His children still serving Him and walking with Him all these years, especially the young people. It was a joy to reconnect despite the fact that the Pastor's wife is battling cervical cancer and is away having treatments. Please pray that God would miraculously heal her as she has 4 children who still need their mother.
So ended a great weekend and today it was back to work. I finished the bulletin boards I was assigned to do and since my supervisor is away I'm not sure what I will do to keep busy for the rest of the week. School doesn't start till Sept 1st.
It is good to see the faithfulness of God looking after our family around the world and also to see the faithfulness of His children still serving Him and walking with Him all these years, especially the young people. It was a joy to reconnect despite the fact that the Pastor's wife is battling cervical cancer and is away having treatments. Please pray that God would miraculously heal her as she has 4 children who still need their mother.
So ended a great weekend and today it was back to work. I finished the bulletin boards I was assigned to do and since my supervisor is away I'm not sure what I will do to keep busy for the rest of the week. School doesn't start till Sept 1st.
Comments
Post a Comment