Skip to main content

Sat. Aug. 27- Well the school found something for me to do this week. After the staff meeting on Tues. the principal, Mrs. Julie, asked to see me. She assigned me 2 sessions with some ladies who were here doing their training this week. On Wed. I had to give a mini-session on Supervisor Progress Cards and another on the Trail of a Pace. I also had to supervise their Pace work for Wed. and Fri. Then after that was all arranged I learned that we were required to go for a medical check-up before we can be employed and the translator was taking us on Wed.
I had to re-aarrange my Pace sessions and off we went to the clinic. It required a trip on a tram so we learned how to do that. The translator filled in all our paper work for us and the clinic people were very accommodating. We ended up only needing to have some blood taken and our blood pressure. Minewas very good, thankfully. Then because the truck with the x-ray machine was not there we were going to have to go back for that on...,you guessed it...Friday.
Again I did some re-arranging and off we went on our own (no translator) to have our x-rays. They were expecting us and remembered and everything went very well. Then it was back to school and I spent the afternoon with the ladies working in their Paces.
Today, after Liz got up (noon) we got ready and went to RedSquare. It was Liz's first time and my first time this trip. I managed to remember which Metro station and we figured out where to go when we came out of the train (there are always at least 4 possible ways out). We did a lot of walking as we went into the square, walked through, then totally around the Kremlin and then around some more of the paths.
There were big happenings on the Square. Soldiers were doing or practicing a musical ride for which they had filled a quarter of the Square with about 8 inches of sand. We watched that for a while and then went on to see a huge set of bleachers on three sides set up for some type of band performance. We watched them rehearsing as well. It is all to do with the military, I think, as the tents out back were all military looking. It rather ruined the view I usually enjoy of St. Basil's looking across the Square, but there will be other times.
We had lunch inside a big mall in a food court and after a bit more wandering we decided to head home. We got some food for supper and came on up. It's another beautiful sunny day here and I'm wondering what's happening on the other side of the world where Hurricane Irene is threatening the East Coast. I guess I'll learn when I have my turn with the internet cord....





Comments