Sunday August 14
Well Friday I learned the rest of the names of the trainees. Oksana, Anastasia, Marina, & Nina. I had written one too many Natalias yesterday. They finished their training and had their closing ceremony and then we were finished for the day. The supervisor for the Learning Center I am in is Mrs. Olga (another one) and she showed me our L.C. and gave me several assignments for the next 2 weeks as she will be away on holidays. I have a bulletin board to do and preparation of student offices when I get the claass list and after the cleaning lady had prepared them….Did you hear that my ACE friends. Our school has cleaning ladies.
You already know from the appearance of my blog that I was online on Friday and posted it so I can access at school. We have a little supermarket, very conveniently, right next door so we got some things for supper and breakfast and settled in for the night. Saturday I was again awake very very early but I made myself stay in bed till 7. Then I relaxed with reading and playing computer games for the morning. After Liz got up, we discussed going to Red Square but decided to just explore around here for the day. When we returned we took our computers to the school for some internet time. We had palmeni with cmetana for supper, one of the things I`d been looking forward to. ( they`re somewhat like perogies and cmetana is sour cream…yum!!!)
Today we went to International Christian Assembly for church. There are a lot of Africans and many other less recognizable nationalities. There were at least 10 first time people from Canada, US (us), Ethiopia, Eritrea, several from Russia, some from the ` ___stans`, countries from the former USSR . We got a mug as a gift. I`m very grateful as the little cups here in no way constitute a morning cup of coffee, even if it has to be instant. Mr. Len dropped me at a Metro and I went to meet my friend from my time here in 2003. We went to what used to be a Rostik`s, but unfortunately, is now a KFC. Not that I don`t like KFC, but it`s just another memory that has vanished. I met her new husband and we had a great chat. She also gave me a mug as a gift so I am doubly blessed. One for school and one for home. We will connect again through the year. They put me at the right Metro station and I found my way back home with no major catastrophes. Just a little `detour` from the best route home from the Metro.
Now for a quiet evening at home and preparations for a new day at work. Hopefully I will have time to post this then. We now have water, a few dishes from the school and one small pot plus a brand new electric kettle so all is well.
Well Friday I learned the rest of the names of the trainees. Oksana, Anastasia, Marina, & Nina. I had written one too many Natalias yesterday. They finished their training and had their closing ceremony and then we were finished for the day. The supervisor for the Learning Center I am in is Mrs. Olga (another one) and she showed me our L.C. and gave me several assignments for the next 2 weeks as she will be away on holidays. I have a bulletin board to do and preparation of student offices when I get the claass list and after the cleaning lady had prepared them….Did you hear that my ACE friends. Our school has cleaning ladies.
You already know from the appearance of my blog that I was online on Friday and posted it so I can access at school. We have a little supermarket, very conveniently, right next door so we got some things for supper and breakfast and settled in for the night. Saturday I was again awake very very early but I made myself stay in bed till 7. Then I relaxed with reading and playing computer games for the morning. After Liz got up, we discussed going to Red Square but decided to just explore around here for the day. When we returned we took our computers to the school for some internet time. We had palmeni with cmetana for supper, one of the things I`d been looking forward to. ( they`re somewhat like perogies and cmetana is sour cream…yum!!!)
Today we went to International Christian Assembly for church. There are a lot of Africans and many other less recognizable nationalities. There were at least 10 first time people from Canada, US (us), Ethiopia, Eritrea, several from Russia, some from the ` ___stans`, countries from the former USSR . We got a mug as a gift. I`m very grateful as the little cups here in no way constitute a morning cup of coffee, even if it has to be instant. Mr. Len dropped me at a Metro and I went to meet my friend from my time here in 2003. We went to what used to be a Rostik`s, but unfortunately, is now a KFC. Not that I don`t like KFC, but it`s just another memory that has vanished. I met her new husband and we had a great chat. She also gave me a mug as a gift so I am doubly blessed. One for school and one for home. We will connect again through the year. They put me at the right Metro station and I found my way back home with no major catastrophes. Just a little `detour` from the best route home from the Metro.
Now for a quiet evening at home and preparations for a new day at work. Hopefully I will have time to post this then. We now have water, a few dishes from the school and one small pot plus a brand new electric kettle so all is well.
Comments
Post a Comment