Today I walked up to the street market in the morning. Got some fruit and some cosy slipper socks.
Then I took the dog for a walk and we went through the park. Apparently, the trees are big but not strong. The heavy wet snow, which was most unusual, took its toll. Everywhere there were fallen branches and broken limbs. It will need lots of clean-up.
The pictures almost look like monochromatic with green colourizing.
On the way home I shot this picture with the caption to say
In Canada they'd be clearing the ice for hockey, but here they're clearing the track for hurdles.
In the evening, Karen and I took the little ones to the library for what we thought would be a musical presentation. Turned out to be an author, Stephane Servant, reading 4 of his books with Jean Luc playing some interesting instruments to accompany the stories. He read Le Machin, Le Masque, La Culotte de Loup, and we can't remember the title of the 4th. I was able to mostly follow because of the pictures. I have no photos of this because I had turned my phone off. When I tried to turn it on to take pictures, I had one of those moments we all dread, when it made a noise during the performance. It was a good show and he kept the children engaged and the adults too. I checked him out online. He has a lot of books. I tried to see if there were any in Canada, but NB library wouldn't let me open their catalogue.
Sunday 17 we had a quiet day as Joanna and David were dealing with, possibly the flu. I think Joanna was finally done vomiting this afternoon so hopefully she sleeps tonight.
The adults are settled down for a CFL and then NFL game along with our own games.






Sad about the trees in the park. It looks such a pretty place.
ReplyDeleteIs there much hockey played in France. It's rare to hear of French players in the NHL so I'm wondering if it's popular there at all.
Dianne