Skip to main content

#9-AROUND TOWN

Most of this blog will be scenes around town and countryside. Yesterday( Thurs.), I took the dog and we walked along the canal and Rue des Iles, and back to town. We did about 5 km. My day was over 10,000 steps. Many of the shots are just to show how delightful it is to walk around here.
The trees here lose their leaves too and this one lost several of its branches in the snow.

I don't know if it's called a heron, but it's long-legged and stands in the water.


La Morge winds in and out around the town and countryside. I always stop and watch and listen


A field of cabbage

Men harvesting leeks

I'd forgotten about our peacock friend that we met last year. I assume he's the same guy.

The roads run close

AND this one in town is so narrow and blocked from view that it's one way with a traffic light.

I should have taken a better angle but this is a bamboo security fence and also privacy fence. 
Here are David and Charlie helping out Mme. Blondeau with the tree damage.

In the evening, I created a Van Gogh. It was tiny pieces that didn't interlock. An exercise in frustration


Today, Friday, was a shorter walk as the sky began to 'leak'. I walked on a couple of streets where I'd never gone before, but by now I have a pretty good 'lay of the land'.

Never tire of seeing the flowers


Feel of old Europe
Then some newer cute houses like chalets


A huge park in town, where we will go for the fireworks


An ancient church, not active

The active church, beautiful inside too (I  was in last year)

Then I spied my mother's name. The sun had popped out before I got home and I looked for a rainbow, but found none.q
I have a theory that all the dampness is what encourages the moss that grows on everything; trees, sidewalks, houses
Every day all year long regardless of the weather, classes of kids of all ages, walk to their activities of swimming, track, gym- which are all by our house; 
So we see and hear them going by.
Tomorrow marks 3 weeks since my visit began, and Sunday begins Advent.




Comments

  1. Forgot to give names-the church in town is Église Saint-Pierre de Moirans
    The Park is Park Martin
    I can't yet find the name of the ancient church or the info about it's date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics that give an up close view of life in another part of the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

17- All Good Things Come to an End

  My latest caricature created from my  birthday picture at Richard's  (My teeth are definitely not that perfect, but thanks AI) March is ending and so is my visit in France. I've tried to capture and share some of the beauty, and the fun I've had. The weekend of March 21 the Elite team had a home game so I decided to go exploring for the day till game time at 4. I got off the bus in Gières and walked down to the beginning of B tram. I deposited an English book I'd brought with me at the free library at that stop. It has a note in it asking if the person who takes it would contact me. I'm anxious to see if someone will. I got on the B tram with no plan but as I went, I thought I would ride it all the way as I have done a couple other lines. It's a great way to see the city and get the 'lay of the land'. I didn't realized how far it went. From my seat I could people watch, window shop, and even tour some of the campus and ended up on the other side of...

13- Wow! It's February

  I've seen several memes of shock that it's February and I thought the same. But, I am happy for each change as spring marches toward us. Our days are getting longer and dawn comes earlier. I'm not a bird-er, but I used my Merlin app to record the pre-dawn serenade through my open window and this is the singer. He has several songs, some more melodious than others. I thought it was more than one species but Merlin only comes up with this fellow.  I walk the dog in an empty space behind the school where I can let him off leash. This is what I encountered one day as I strolled in the leaves. Don't look too closely at first, and what do you suppose I thought? It took my heart a little while to settle down from the startle factor and then I laughed and got a picture.  I attended a Tony Robbins webinar on line for 3 days, well evenings for me, because of being ahead 6 hours. I, also, was following a missing person reports from home, with no positive results as yet. Sunday 1...

14- Enjoying Olympics

We've had so much rain, so on my walk this morning, when there was no traffic, I actually heard the waterfall. It's not very visible from the road but the sound reminded me to look up.  We enjoyed Tedy's 15th birthday with his requested supper of Chicken Caesar and Joanna made chocolate chip cookies to turn into ice cream sandwiches. David's desk is in the room where I spend my time, so we've shared a lot of the highs and lows for Canada, as he works away on his football plans and watching film. Last night, while he was at practice , I witnessed Canada Women's Hockey and shared the sorrow of their overtime loss of gold. Right now I'm in the midst of cheering women's curling semi-final against Sweden. GO CANADA GO! Spring is starting to show its sweet face, but I guess, there's been an unusual amount of rain, and Karen has been telling me about hearing reports of avalanches, including one that shut down the trains to and from Valence area.  Football s...