This will be the 3rd year that we had a snow storm on the day I was to fly to France. I started off the day at oncology clinic for my annual, and I was released from their care after 6 years. I can now be followed by my GP and surgeon. I did some visiting for the rest of the day and then picked up Richard to take me to the airport. I got checked in and through security and began the wait to see if the pattern would be broken. The flight before us was delayed because of a mechanical problem with the bridge. I thought it would affect us, but we actually boarded from the tarmac. I was thankful that David had suggested I bring my boots since there was slush everywhere. We were about 20 minutes late leaving as we had to de-ice.
I had been assigned seat 13A but when I got to the back there were only 12 rows. I waited and the stewardess finally came and told me 13 was actually at the front of the plane and facing backward. I said it shouldn't be a problem.
By the time we got to Montreal, I was glad to be at the front as I had 20 minutes to get off, grab my bag from skycheck, rush into the terminal, find a screen, check my gate, down an escalator, along the moving sidewalk, up another, and walk from gate 17 to 52. As I arrived they were calling zone 3 and that was me. On I went without even time for finding a washroom. I collapsed into my seat in relief knowing I was really on my way this year without delays.(there was no snow in Montreal)
Flight was fine, some turbulence. Slept some and arrived a little ahead of schedule, about 9:30 a.m. their time (5 hours ahead of Maritimes) It took 45 minutes to get through passport check. Then..There they were waiting for me, and whisked me off to Tedy's soccer match. After that we came home and the rest of the day is a blur although I did manage to stay awake till 11.
That was Saturday.
I had been assigned seat 13A but when I got to the back there were only 12 rows. I waited and the stewardess finally came and told me 13 was actually at the front of the plane and facing backward. I said it shouldn't be a problem.
By the time we got to Montreal, I was glad to be at the front as I had 20 minutes to get off, grab my bag from skycheck, rush into the terminal, find a screen, check my gate, down an escalator, along the moving sidewalk, up another, and walk from gate 17 to 52. As I arrived they were calling zone 3 and that was me. On I went without even time for finding a washroom. I collapsed into my seat in relief knowing I was really on my way this year without delays.(there was no snow in Montreal)
Flight was fine, some turbulence. Slept some and arrived a little ahead of schedule, about 9:30 a.m. their time (5 hours ahead of Maritimes) It took 45 minutes to get through passport check. Then..There they were waiting for me, and whisked me off to Tedy's soccer match. After that we came home and the rest of the day is a blur although I did manage to stay awake till 11.
That was Saturday.

Glad your flights worked out even if they were tight. I've never seen a seat facing the back except for the jump seat for staff.
ReplyDeleteI bet you were really done in but I expect you are well over that now. Have fun, keep us posted.