Tuesday 13- The older 3 had a tutor in the morning, so Karen, Tedy, Joanna and I went for a walk to town center. We took the glass to one of the recycling receptacles and got to listen as they smash into the bin. We saw some of old Moirans, but didn't explore it as there was a cold wind again.
I didn't get a good shot of this one, unfortunately. The kids decided if I was shooting monuments, they would be one. It would have been a great picture. They ARE creative.

- evidence of fun -
Thursday, 15 was a quiet day. Quite cool and wet so I didn't explore or do much outside.
Friday was a big day as we went as a family to Vizille to a fabulous park and grounds of Castle de Vizille, which is now a Museum of the French Revolution.
When we arrived we wandered a bit and found a playground and a place to sit and eat our picnic lunch.
Then we roamed the grounds and saw many different trees, lots of fowl, water, and flowers starting.


It appears as if they are hoping to grow a flag in one of their gardens. The triangles all around the edge had the colours in each section as you see and the the flowers that were visible so far were also those colours-dusty miller in the white, blue pansies in the blue, but nothing visible in the red to confirm my theory. 
We made a visit to the butcher, the baker, but no candlestick maker. We saw various monuments in the square.
Of course, there always has to be the mountain shot for the day.
I, also, always admire the vegetation.
That was Tuesday.
This is what we woke up to Wednesday.
The sun is out now so, of course, the snow is gone.
For Valentines' Day we had special chocolate fondue. What's Valentines without chocolate.
- evidence of fun -
Thursday, 15 was a quiet day. Quite cool and wet so I didn't explore or do much outside.
Friday was a big day as we went as a family to Vizille to a fabulous park and grounds of Castle de Vizille, which is now a Museum of the French Revolution.
When we arrived we wandered a bit and found a playground and a place to sit and eat our picnic lunch.
Then we roamed the grounds and saw many different trees, lots of fowl, water, and flowers starting.
Mid afternoon we headed into the museum, which was free. Continuing up the many levels, we admired displays, paintings, artifacts, and some signs of their opulent lifestyle. Early 1900's it was the summer home of the president and history tells us the grounds were where the French Revolution began.
(I apologize for the random placement of the pictures. I can't make them go where I want.
I think I should be able to put 3 small ones side by side, but no.)
Saturday was market day again and it rained hard off and on all day. No outside activities.
So ended my first full week here.
This is so great, Jackie. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete