I'm getting rested and thought I'd better catch up before I lose track of the days. Saturday I got to go to the street market and see all the wonderful produce, fish, cheeses, etc. available here. It's the place to shop. By the way, I mis-spelled the town. It's called Moirans, but I was also mis-pronouncing it, hence the mistake. It' not really a picture of the market as I was shooting the church. I recorded the bells but the video is too long to post.
In the afternoon we went across the street to the gymnasium where Madeline played her handball game.
I had never seen that sport before but it was not hard to catch most of the rules and understand it. It is very popular here and France has done well at Olympics, etc. We had the delicious meat pie for supper, that I can't remember the name of, that we got at the market. David was at the office finishing prep for the game in Toulon on Sunday. In the evening we played some games.
Sunday, David was gone by the time we got up. We spent a quiet day at home mostly. It's been quite cold, even for me. Karen and I did walk to the grocery so I got to see where that is. Slowly I'll learn my way around. The Centaures won their game 28-13. We were all in bed by the time he got home. It's several hours away.
Today, Feb.12 is Tedy's 7th birthday so we've already had his birthday brunch.
We went to the park (well really a basketball, etc. grounds behind the gym) to play for a while, and then Joanna and I went for a walk down by the older kids' school. Ribsy, the dog, loves to tear around the wide open space.
It is sunny today but there is a cold wind. Got some mountains pictures.
Tedy and Karen have gone shopping with his birthday money and will come home with David. The plan for his birthday supper is ravioli (also bought at the market). The trees are starting to bud and soon spring will burst forth.
Glad you are having fun!
ReplyDelete