Out my window a few days ago-
When I last left off I was preparing to go to Montpellier on Saturday for the match. We caught the bus in town at Park Paul Mistral about noon and headed out. It looked quite nice at first but after about an hour it started to rain and continued, at times pouring, the whole way.
We had a rest stop 2 hours in at Montelimar, famous for its nougat.
I saw many fields with rows of lavender as we drove so it must be something else noteworthy for the area.
Because of the rain I didn't get the opportunity to stroll around the area and see anything beyond the stadium like I usually do. I was glad to have taken extra clothing because, although it wasn't cold the rain made it seem so.
It brightened up a few times but then there were some downpours thundering on the roof, thank goodness for the roof.
Friday David and I went to 'Sam's Restaurant'. It's actually called Canopy and is up on the 8th floor so a great view. It was not a patio day so we had to eat inside. Sam was on desserts this week so I caught him in the act.Great spot, great food, nice to see him in his element.We won 30-7 and we got home to our beds around 3:30.
Colours continue to burst out all over and decorate the countryside. The magnolia trees, although short lived and messy, are spectacular.
I made reference to a secret project and now it can be revealed. Karen had a jigsaw puzzle of Van Gogh's Starry Night, and they had given up on it. I set it up again on a board and worked on it when she was gone to class and hid it under my bed.
I forgot to take pictures of our food, but I did remember dessert, which is what Sam did. We stopped by his window at the end to say hi and thanks.
Last night the time 'sprang forward' here so we're back to 5 hours difference from home. Trying to cram in all I can in the remaining days, I did a 6 km walk this morning. I'm aiming to have 300 km done for 2025 before I leave, and after today I have about 7 to go. Then this afternoon, it's a beautiful day, we drove up the mountain to visit an iconic tree that we see from where we live. It even has it's own Facebook page ( Chene de Venon) and claims to be the most photographed tree of the Alps.
The views were spectacular. We could even see the Bastille from where we were.
And tonight-
Bon soiree!





Comments
Post a Comment