I saw a huge tree and tried to measure it by extending my arms as wide as I could and hugging the trunk. It is 5 of my arm spans around. I think I've heard somewhere that your arm spans is your height so I'm estimating it could be 28 feet around.
I'm listening to a book called "Ordinary Grace" while I walk and also when I knit, as everyone is occupied, and finished it this week. I'm knitting odd slippers from leftover yarns, for the Minudie Archives, for people to wear when they take off their boots, but I think I may be too late for this season by the time I get back. The family is also taking advantage of my hand sewing skills to get some repairs done - rips in clothing, broken zipper in pencil case, and help as needed.
Karen continues, almost nightly, to brutally beat me at Hand and Foot, but I still enjoy playing and will not give up. The kids are enjoying the first of their 2 week holiday, but Joanna has been sick with a cold all this week, so that's not much fun.
Saturday was fantastic. David and I drove up through the mountains from Domene, through Revel, Saint Martin d'Uriage, and various other fascinating villages.
On the way back he was taking me a different way, but we missed a turn so ended up going on up to Charmousse, a ski resort, depending on road conditions. But, they were great so we went all the way. It was a gorgeous day so the place was humming.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7BpELkwpzbD5ijZ58
(a video but I don't know if it will work)










Comments
Post a Comment