I had mentioned a cold in the past weeks but I was still functioning fine. I don't know what happened but Sunday I woke up in chills and couldn't get warm. David covered me with every blanket and eventually I got really warm, but felt better.
We made our way by bus to Sam's house for raclette. --A modern way of serving raclette involves an electric table-top grill with small pans, known as coupelles, in which slices of raclette cheese are melted.[7] This new way has been used since the 1950s. Generally the grill is surmounted by a hot plate or griddle. In Switzerland the electrical raclette is called "raclonette". The device is put in the middle of the table. The cheese is brought to the table sliced, accompanied by platters of boiled or steamed potatoes, other vegetables, and charcuterie (various meats). These are then mixed with potatoes and topped with cheese in the small wedge-shaped coupelles that are placed under the grill to melt and brown the cheese. Alternatively, slices of cheese may be melted and simply poured over food on the plate. --
I'm not really sure what was served as I slept a bit and then sat on the couch and enjoyed them enjoying themselves. Got to see Sam's apartment. We then helped them with all their stuff and we moved back to our place for the evening, needing to get there before the buses stopped. We played some games but I didnt last late.
The kids did well and I think we started to come alive around 8. Karen mixed cinnamon buns and then we did the stocking game. I was doing okay to sit there and take part. Each person started with a gift and then with a deck of cards it was determined to pass left(black) or right(red) the number of places on the card that each person flipped in turn. But, if you got 10 or face you could choose to open or have someone else open. A 7 allowed you to switch spots in the circle if you thought that was strategic. With a joker you could take your gift and leave. When we'd gone through the whole deck you could keep what you had or bargain and bribe to get what you wanted. That was fun to listen to and Karen got some dish washing out of Sam and Cheryl. I think everyone was pleased with what they finally came away with thanks to David's excellent shopping choices.
Then we went on with the circulating and opening gifts with an intermission for cinnamon buns.
A very few captured shots because your photographer was well below par--
The exhausted chef in his new shirt and
hat he won in the stocking game
Sam and Cheryl left early next morning as he had to work. I began my sojourn of days in bed. They made some soup later in the day and I had a bit of that. David reached his doctor but he was on holiday till Tues. 2nd. We decided it was possibly bronchitis so D & K went to a pharmacyto describe and see what to get. They came back with pills for bronchitis, nasal spray, and cough syrup, which I have been taking faithfully. Every day I'm up and down but mostly low. Don't feel like eating, try to stay hydrated, don't even feel like reading. . .shocking!
I now have an appointment for Wed. 3rd. It's definitely sinusitis as my right ear is totally plugged and maybe pneumonia (I've never had it so no way to tell) but it hurts to breathe deep and when I cough ( thankfully not often).
But, I can't leave out the amazing Chinese buffet David prepared for New Years. I was in a good phase to so played games and ate a bit.
We noised in the new year and then I soon retired for the night.
And so, another fresh slate, another opportunity to hope and plan and dream and challenge yourself. I wish you all successes with those dreams and goals. May this be the year to attain some new accomplishment that you never imagined you could.
Go with God and all will be well.
Sure hope you are feeling much better when you get this. Not a good way to end the old year nor start the new! There is so much sickness around. Two of my “kids” were sick at Christmas so I understand what you’re going through. David and family were here for dinner last night but still not feeling the greatest. Lasting far too long but hasn’t seen a doctor. Anthony Boudreau had RSV and on antibiotics. He was here for a visit but still not feeling 100%.
ReplyDeleteOur weather is a bit cooler and we have a touch of white on the ground. I’m taking a break from undecorating!! Am played out and haven’t even started the tree.
Hope your doctor’s visit goes well tomorrow.
Happy New Year.
Sue
I hope you are feeling better soon. Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete