Friday 19th began the birthdays week with Charlie turning 21. We all messaged or talked to him at some point during his day.
That day was prefaced with 2 days and night of rain which saturated this poor guy's garden again. I've been using it to keep track of how quickly the water disappears and that time took about 3 days to absorb it all.
Saturday I decided to try for another one of my goals. I planned to see if I could walk to Giere and then if necessary I could take the bus home. When I got there, about 3.5 km, I noticed people would walking and biking on a path on the other side of the road. I knew I would have to get to the other side of the railway tracks in order to access it so I looked for a place to do that. I found a street a little farther along that would get me across the tracks and then I found the path. I am learning that there are paths everywhere and on this one you can go in either direction as far as you want, even all the way in and around Grenoble, but also all the way back to Domene, by several different ways.
So I headed home on the path and discovered it connected to one I'd been on before, but also some different options. By now I was getting tired so I took the quickest way I could and made it home, having gone almost 8 km.
It's looks like a fun place.
Meanwhile, David was preparing Karen's birthday feast to kick off her birthday week, and Joanna was assisting with the cake.
We had roast beef, gravy, roasted mini garlic potatoes, Yorkshire pudding (her fave), and spinach prepared in some fancy way. We were so full we all agreed to save the cake for Monday after school when Samuel would be here also.
Sam came on Monday, which is Karen's day off, to help us work on the puzzle she gifted herself for the day. So, we did have cake after school and we did finish the puzzle by evening.
Tuesday, the actual birthday, was a bit anti-climactic after all the celebrating, since she had to work all day. I did the usual morning dog walk and read most of the day. Wednesday a bit longer walk, and Thursday market day again

Comments
Post a Comment