Skip to main content

10- The Slow Road of Recovery


 From the first time I came to France, I was amazed by the amount of graffiti that was everywhere -city and countryside also. This time I noticed a different form of art. I'm not sure if it is to counteract the graffiti or if it's just a new idea, but I like it.




 

Here's  my new art gallery- and so many more that I haven't captured.

Notice some of the building windows are positioned to match the car windows 





this is a container where you can dispose of your glass bottles in the holes. There are hundreds of them positioned everywhere within walking distance. There are at least 4 we could walk to from our place. The rest of recycle, garbage, and compost are collected at the apartment building.



 on the other side of the road is a little girl posed the same, facing the little boy

Last week I made sure I got out every morning to walk the dog and usually did about 1.5 km. Tuesday I did more because I made another trip to the doctor. He said I'm still doing ok and it will take time for my ear to open. He gave me an allergy nasal spray but it's not doing anything. I've resigned myself to letting God and time do the healing and trying to build up my strength again. Saturday I took Joanna to Cheer and then came back to Tedy's basketball game. He scored 3 baskets and played good defense. Thankfully, David went back to pick up Joanna as I'd used most of my energy for the day.
I decided I was going to make the trip with the team to see the opening game of the season. David and I had to get up at 3:45 Sunday morning and a player picked us up to take us into Grenoble for the bus. We left at 5:37 and with a couple of short stops we arrived at La Trinite (a suburb of Nice) about 11:30. The team went off to prepare and I did a little exploring of the area.


 
 I sat on this bench at the end of the field to eat my lunch. Then I walked a bit more and took this shot of our bus and the overhead road.
The game was at 2 and as the sun moved away, I quickly learned that my hopes of having warm weather were dashed. It was a nice enough day but a breeze came up and since it was only a disappointing 8 degrees, I soon was frozen. I had a t-shirt, a jacket and another jacket and was wishing I could get in the bus for my coat. Thankfully I had my mittens in my backpack. It was a great game and I did my part cheering despite being the only fan among their 50 or so supporters. At halftime I went for another walk to try and find some sun, but it was sinking by then. As I went back to the stands I was met by a player and the bus driver bringing me David's extra winter coat. Hallelujah!  The game ended with a win- 35-6, and a bunch of happy players. I clapped for them as they left the field since I was the only cheerleader. They smiled and thanked me.
We were ready to go by 6:00, but unfortunately, regulations required that the bus driver couldn't drive again till 8:15 so we waited. It didn't dampen the enthusiasm for the celebrating on the drive home. We arrived back in Grenoble about 2:15 and I was in my bed around 3. I did eventually warm up.
Monday and today I increased my walking distance to about 2.5 km. And, yesterday I realized I was not tiring as quickly and did a few chores and cooked supper. I am not dizzy now which makes me think my ear is improving.
Today is about 5 degrees and here is my final shot for this week.









Comments

  1. Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. Rather different than River Hebert! You have certainly been through a rough patch with your health. Hope you are totally better before having to head home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are getting better. I too have been on antibiotics & I am amazed at your stamina. I simply have no energy but realize that I must push myself. Loving the photos. We had a stay in Nice several years ago. What a beautiful place, spectacular views from the cliffs. Keep healing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

17- All Good Things Come to an End

  My latest caricature created from my  birthday picture at Richard's  (My teeth are definitely not that perfect, but thanks AI) March is ending and so is my visit in France. I've tried to capture and share some of the beauty, and the fun I've had. The weekend of March 21 the Elite team had a home game so I decided to go exploring for the day till game time at 4. I got off the bus in Gières and walked down to the beginning of B tram. I deposited an English book I'd brought with me at the free library at that stop. It has a note in it asking if the person who takes it would contact me. I'm anxious to see if someone will. I got on the B tram with no plan but as I went, I thought I would ride it all the way as I have done a couple other lines. It's a great way to see the city and get the 'lay of the land'. I didn't realized how far it went. From my seat I could people watch, window shop, and even tour some of the campus and ended up on the other side of...

13- Wow! It's February

  I've seen several memes of shock that it's February and I thought the same. But, I am happy for each change as spring marches toward us. Our days are getting longer and dawn comes earlier. I'm not a bird-er, but I used my Merlin app to record the pre-dawn serenade through my open window and this is the singer. He has several songs, some more melodious than others. I thought it was more than one species but Merlin only comes up with this fellow.  I walk the dog in an empty space behind the school where I can let him off leash. This is what I encountered one day as I strolled in the leaves. Don't look too closely at first, and what do you suppose I thought? It took my heart a little while to settle down from the startle factor and then I laughed and got a picture.  I attended a Tony Robbins webinar on line for 3 days, well evenings for me, because of being ahead 6 hours. I, also, was following a missing person reports from home, with no positive results as yet. Sunday 1...

14- Enjoying Olympics

We've had so much rain, so on my walk this morning, when there was no traffic, I actually heard the waterfall. It's not very visible from the road but the sound reminded me to look up.  We enjoyed Tedy's 15th birthday with his requested supper of Chicken Caesar and Joanna made chocolate chip cookies to turn into ice cream sandwiches. David's desk is in the room where I spend my time, so we've shared a lot of the highs and lows for Canada, as he works away on his football plans and watching film. Last night, while he was at practice , I witnessed Canada Women's Hockey and shared the sorrow of their overtime loss of gold. Right now I'm in the midst of cheering women's curling semi-final against Sweden. GO CANADA GO! Spring is starting to show its sweet face, but I guess, there's been an unusual amount of rain, and Karen has been telling me about hearing reports of avalanches, including one that shut down the trains to and from Valence area.  Football s...