I don't expect that I'll blog everyday, but I need to keep up so I remember what has happened.
No problem sleeping Wednesday night, and Thursday morning after Karen's online TESL we walked to the market. It was raining a bit which is the norm this year so you just have to go on with routines. It's a big market spread over several blocks in empty spaces. I like these open markets with all the fresh products from the area. We got eggs, meat, cheese, bread, fruit, vegetables. There was also clothes vendors, shoes, housewares, plants, and maybe others that I didn't notice. The walk there and back was about 2.8 km. I'm keeping track of my totals as I usually do.
They continue with their daily routines which I have not caught on to yet, but I join in when I can. That night Karen and I walked the dog so I learned some paths and routes that they take. She did a shortened one for me and it was getting dark so we only went 1.89 km. I saw the soccer field and some of the neighbourhood. I haven't gone anywhere on my own yet.
Karen has varying times for her lessons so I occupy myself and then we play cards, chat and drink tea in the in-betweens. The dog has to be walked so we took one of her routes in the afternoon. It was 1.68 km.
Later in the day she was going to take me on her long walk down by the river, but as we were going she asked if I wanted to choose a shorter one before there was no turning back, and I decided I would this time and build myself up to it. It was still a nice loop and I'm always seeing new things. It was 2.57 km.
This is the next community to Domene.
Karen and Tedy attended a basketball game his team was competing in. Unfortunately, Tedy sliced his calf on a piece of glass while taking out garbage. It has about 9 stitches and is just in the healing process so he cannot play right now.

Glad you are safely there and getting into the swing of things. Love the pics, especially the one of the dried cornstalks (?) with the top of the house visible behind them. Very artistic!
ReplyDeleteEnjoying reading your blog and seeing the countryside .More money coming in for Hillside. Lovely dat today at5 degrees.
ReplyDelete