It's been a week of walking which, probably, most weeks will be. Last week's medal presentation did not dampen my enthusiasm to keep exploring. I checked my apps and learned that in October I'd walked 20.92 km and this month I've walked 101.82 km. And, oh, the pictures I have.
Beginning Tuesday, sometime, Karen started to feel unwell and it has lasted all week. So, I have done a lot of the dog walking as well as other adventures. Wednesday afternoon David and I took Joanna to Cheer practice then we went on to Decathelon sports store to buy me a swimsuit. Part of physio every session is to do your exercises in the pool so I needed it for Friday.
Thursday morning is open market day so David and I went to get all their local fresh food supplies. An old abandoned house on the way. Even a bicycle still hanging. The trough looks like it could have a hitching post across the top.

I had the dog so I only looked in through the church doors, but still a cool shot.
Friday was physio day so bus and tram and walking to and from. I probably took the dog out at some point too.
Saturday David had to go to Thonon for a junior practice and match so he was gone all day.
Therefore, I accompanied Joanna to Cheer. She knows the way but is not old enough to do it alone. It's about 10.5 km one way, then some walking, and takes about 40 min. The gymnasium is kept quite cool so I was frozen after the 4 hours I sat waiting. Thankfully, I have a book on my phone because it wasn't really exploring weather. When David got home he had injured his knee worse and the doctor recommended he stay off it. Apparently, he has 2 torn meniscus. He was told he can't really hurt it any worse so his choice about how much pain he wants to endure. He is scheduled to begin process for knee replacement in January.
Sunday I went for a long walk. The weather was lovely and the choices endless. The dog was with me and we set out on a different path. Then at each corner I decided left or right. Some were not best choices but I managed to learn more of the way the places I knew are connected.


Monday I set out to find the path along the river that Karen talked about. I didn't take the dog because of not knowing what I would encounter. Sometimes it's easier to explore alone. Lots of pictures-
We are quite rural though only 30 min. Bus ride from Grenoble.

the persimmons are out.
 |
| Walnut grove/orchard |
 |
| Finally came to the river |
 |
| Beautiful and serene |
 |
Still not a lot of snow on the mountain
Tuesday was physio again. My range of motion is improving and then he will work on strengthening. David did no exercise but went right to the pool. My exercises make my arm very fatigued and he keeps adding new things. When we got home I had to go to the grocery store ( Intermarche). I tried to find my way from there to the canal. I like walking along it. I compared the snow on the mountains on both sides of my walk. There is definitely more than when I arrived.
Wednesday I didn't have to take Joanna to Cheer. Coach was sick. I didn't, however, need to make another market run. I can only carry so much. Today was too much and I had to text David to come and rescue me. Fortunately, he can travel on his scooter and it doesn't affect his leg.
Today we did market again. It was raining but not cold. I walked the dog and he took his scooter. I carried home the flat of eggs. Karen has recovered, but Tedy is down today. Now I'm caught up and am happy with my kilometers for November.
|
Thanks, Jackie for your interesting and informative blog. Enjoy seeing the pictures you include. So different from here. Hope you haven’t come down with the “bug” but had to escape it. Glad you are getting help for your arm and that when you return to Canada you will be good as new!!
ReplyDeleteHope David and Karen are feeli ng better but sounds like David is surgery bound. Been to Amherst today. Oldest son and wife are arriving on the 9th so plan to send all the Ontario gifts back with them.
Cold here today with wind chill well below zero but sunny.
Keep blogging.
Sue.
It sounds like you are staying busy.
ReplyDeleteHi Jackie, you are like a flower blossoming when you visit with David and family. You are very much in tune with their lifestyle and the breathtaking world in which they live. Reading your blog always gives me a feeling of peace and happiness. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete