A couple of pictures I forgot to post on the last one.
After remaining almost motionless for most of Sat. I decided I'd better get those muscles moving again, so Sunday I walked some new territory. The sun was out; the temperature was warm; my feet led the way. I walked around in St. Jean de Moirans (a neighbouring community), not lost but figuring it out as I went.
That evening the guys and I went to see Star Wars: the Rise of Skywalker. It was a great finish. We lingered during the credits. As I said, "this is the end of an era, you can't just get up and leave". I saw the first one with my first son and the last one with my last son -pretty momentous occasion.On the way, I shot one of the Grenoble street decorations-blurred by movement
Today, 30th, I stopped in the church on my walk to pray for a friend. It's so lovely and peaceful inside.
Then I continued on my walk strolling on some new streets and making some more connections. Rather than venture out into the countryside today, I walked through Parc Martin and then bought some food and had a picnic in the sun.
I have only a theory that this may be for measuring tree growth, but no basis in fact.
The town is definitely old. I found this doorway (17th century) and its explanation
Veronique and Vivien have taken Joanna and Tedy to see La Reine du Neige 2 (Frozen 2) in French. Joanna, especially, was pretty excited.
She loved the movie.
Tuesday there was shopping and prep for the evening. Our guests arrived around 8. We enjoyed cheese fondue, chili, chocolate fondue, and champagne at midnight. Most of us played dominoes, but there wasn't enough spots for everyone.
These two shots capture everyone.
And so another year for the record books, good times and bad.
Now we've entered yet another decade.
I've been doing so well walking while here so I signed up in a Canadian challenge to walk 1000 km. in 2020. I fell short of my Goodreads goal of 90 books, but I'll set a new goal for this year. Not sure what else is in store.
Happy New Year everyone.

















Comments
Post a Comment