
Well it's finished. Yesterday was the day for the International School's Christmas Program. It was held at the facility where I attend church sometimes. There was no school on Friday so we could get ready and arrive at 3:30. Most of us staff went by Metro. Everyone was dressed up and the parents brought some national desserts from their countries, plus the kitchen staff prepared some hot dishes.
There was also a bazaar with beautiful items that the students had prepared in art and craft classes. There was a suggested donation per family, but everyone was welcome.
All the money raised from all sources will be used for the gifts for the orphanage children. Some of us will visit in January to deliver the gifts along with all those that people bought for children on the list. They had prepared a 'wish list' so it was easier for us to know what to buy for the child we chose. Mine wanted an umbrella, so since her wishes were simple I added a few other goodies that I thought a girl her age would like.
Here is the youtube site where you can see a condensed version of the program. It was fabulous. I gave it 5 hearts. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
http://youtu.be/Tc4I3Jim924
There's a lot of talent represented, including a home school student, who made all the posters the kids are holding during Scripture( just before the Nativity scene); a teacher, who painted all the backdrops: people who sewed the beautiful costumes; students, who made incredible crafts; and Mrs. Olga, who directed the whole production; not failing to mention the student talent of singing, acting, and dancing. Everyone had a GREAT time.
I especially enjoyed the fact that when it was over, I didn't have to stay for any clean-up. That was a new and delightful experience for me. The cooking and cleaning staff from school were on hand to do their usual fine job.
Now I'm having a relaxing Saturday, and at 2:00 we are invited to go help eat up some leftover food. Life is tough, but I'll try to take it in stride.
Comments
Post a Comment