Just came from the Bazillium Theatre Circus. Didn't know quite what to expect, but it was great. Woke up in the morning and it was wet-snowing and slushy, not very inviting, but off we went. We met up with several students and parents who were going also. The show started at 12. It was a festive atmosphere from the time you walked in with clowns on stilts entertaining the crowds. We checked our coats and made our way to our tables.
It is set up like a restaurant with the show in the center and on the stage. You can order some drinks and snacks at your table during the performance.
It was lively and colourful and each act was a new amazing performance interspersed with clown-like characters doing their antics. It was lots of fun enhanced by the rapt attention of the kids.
Here is a picture of the cast that I found on their website
http://www.bazillium.ru
and also several youtube clips if you want to see some of what we saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FZ6T-dxvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsF-JDC8mrE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3TW5EZgUM&feature=related
http://vimeo.com/29908207
Also, along the entertainment line, I've been listening to audio books from the library back home. This week I finished "How Green Was My Valley" and the newest by Nicholas Sparks called "The Best of Me". I can listen while I do other things and I don't fall asleep as easily as I do when I'm reading myself. I'm really enjoying this format. I like it a lot better than reading on the computer.
Well December is here and the Christmas preparations are in full swing. only 3 weeks left in this quarter and then the students are off from Dec. 23rd till Jan. 9th or 10th. We, however, have to work until Dec. 28th and then we have our holidays. Our Christmas program is in last stages of rehearsal and I was recruited this week to help with some costuming. We saw a preliminary practice with the whole school last Wed. and it's going to be great. Mrs. Olga is amazing the way she worked in places for every student and the personalities of the main characters are matched so well with their parts. Hopefully i will have some pictures or video to share with you. It's being done on Dec. 16 at some other facility, with a big enough stage and audience space.
Despite the fact that they don't really celebrate on Dec. 25, commercialism is here in full swing with decorations everywhere in stores and on the streets and the change of products in the small stores is very noticeable. They're laying in all kinds of gifty-looking merchandice. The school gathers gifts for an orphanage outside Moscow somewhere. My girl wants an umbrella and although they were always plentiful, there are none to be found where I've searched so far.
Other than that, things are rolling along smoothly, I guess, and quickly. The biggest difficulty I'm finding right now is the lack of daylight. I walk to school in the dark and the sun doesn't rise till about 9:00. We catch the odd glimpse of the sun, but it never sticks around till we get out of classes. I'm marking the days until Dec. 21/22 and then the days will start to get longer. I know, I know...it won't be evident right away, but it's what I hold on to.
Have a great week and remember I love getting emails. Blessings! ♥
It is set up like a restaurant with the show in the center and on the stage. You can order some drinks and snacks at your table during the performance.
It was lively and colourful and each act was a new amazing performance interspersed with clown-like characters doing their antics. It was lots of fun enhanced by the rapt attention of the kids.
Here is a picture of the cast that I found on their website
http://www.bazillium.ru
and also several youtube clips if you want to see some of what we saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FZ6T-dxvQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsF-JDC8mrE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3TW5EZgUM&feature=related
http://vimeo.com/29908207
Also, along the entertainment line, I've been listening to audio books from the library back home. This week I finished "How Green Was My Valley" and the newest by Nicholas Sparks called "The Best of Me". I can listen while I do other things and I don't fall asleep as easily as I do when I'm reading myself. I'm really enjoying this format. I like it a lot better than reading on the computer.
Well December is here and the Christmas preparations are in full swing. only 3 weeks left in this quarter and then the students are off from Dec. 23rd till Jan. 9th or 10th. We, however, have to work until Dec. 28th and then we have our holidays. Our Christmas program is in last stages of rehearsal and I was recruited this week to help with some costuming. We saw a preliminary practice with the whole school last Wed. and it's going to be great. Mrs. Olga is amazing the way she worked in places for every student and the personalities of the main characters are matched so well with their parts. Hopefully i will have some pictures or video to share with you. It's being done on Dec. 16 at some other facility, with a big enough stage and audience space.
Despite the fact that they don't really celebrate on Dec. 25, commercialism is here in full swing with decorations everywhere in stores and on the streets and the change of products in the small stores is very noticeable. They're laying in all kinds of gifty-looking merchandice. The school gathers gifts for an orphanage outside Moscow somewhere. My girl wants an umbrella and although they were always plentiful, there are none to be found where I've searched so far.
Other than that, things are rolling along smoothly, I guess, and quickly. The biggest difficulty I'm finding right now is the lack of daylight. I walk to school in the dark and the sun doesn't rise till about 9:00. We catch the odd glimpse of the sun, but it never sticks around till we get out of classes. I'm marking the days until Dec. 21/22 and then the days will start to get longer. I know, I know...it won't be evident right away, but it's what I hold on to.
Have a great week and remember I love getting emails. Blessings! ♥
What fun. We have tickets for Cirque du Soleil in Windsor in January. I've heard it is a good show.
ReplyDelete