I have to amend what I said yesterday. The sun does not rise around 9. It was after 9:45 this morning before I went inside and it had not risen yet. Today I went to a new church. A friend, who had worked here a few years ago, told me about a church she went to, and one of the teachers took me on Friday to find it. Today I found my own way there. It is a shorter and easier travel time. The worship is in Russian but all the speaking is translated. I thanked the translator after the service and told him he has a radio announcer's voice. It was very pleasant.
On the way home I was aware of lots of people out and about and noticed that a school I pass by on my way to and from the Metro had lots of people coming and going. Today is an election day and I think it must be a polling station. I'm glad to see so many people voting. I'm not sure what it's all about, but I imagine I'll find out soon.
Guess that's it. Just wanted to correct my post of yesterday, so you can see how few hours of daylight we have here now.
On the way home I was aware of lots of people out and about and noticed that a school I pass by on my way to and from the Metro had lots of people coming and going. Today is an election day and I think it must be a polling station. I'm glad to see so many people voting. I'm not sure what it's all about, but I imagine I'll find out soon.
Guess that's it. Just wanted to correct my post of yesterday, so you can see how few hours of daylight we have here now.
Comments
Post a Comment