Another great weekend to cap off the 8th week, ending the first quarter. Yesterday I went to a performance of winners of a youth talent competition. I think it was like our music festival with adjudicators. It was the previous week and this was the finale show-casing the winners. I only heard about it because a group of girls from our school had won with their dance with the matroshkas. You'll understand when you see the pictures.
There were amazing performances of mostly dancing. One troupe especially won a lot of awards. They did modern, jazzy routines with great costuming. Most of the others had some kind of traditional costumes. It was a wonderful morning. I was so glad I'd overheard the teacher making plans to take the students and I asked if I could go.






These are our students.



AND today, you won't believe who was at our church...Tommy Walker. Now don't kick yourself. I didn't know the name either before last week, BUT I sure do now.
He wrote "He Knows My Name" and other fabulous worship songs. Anyway, today he was at our church leading the worship. Most of the songs were new ones he taught us. Then it was over, and I couldn't believe it. He hadn't sung my song... Fortunately, our worship leader said there is a tradition in Russia that a performer does a finale(I don't know the Russian word) It's sort of like an encore. Anyway, she said he had to do "He Knows My Name" and we all roared our agreement, so he did. As usual, I cried. That song touches me soooooooo much.


The weather is still pleasant, though definitely getting cooler. The days are now much shorter, about 8:30 to 6:00 is full daylight. I learned this weekend that our clocks do not change, as the president declared no more time changes after last March. I am happy for that so it won't be dark so early in the evening.
Next Friday is a holiday here, and I'm planning to attend a Women's Conference with my Russian church. It will be translated as there are ladies coming from England.
That's it for this month, and it's certainly been another full and interesting one.
There were amazing performances of mostly dancing. One troupe especially won a lot of awards. They did modern, jazzy routines with great costuming. Most of the others had some kind of traditional costumes. It was a wonderful morning. I was so glad I'd overheard the teacher making plans to take the students and I asked if I could go.
These are our students.
AND today, you won't believe who was at our church...Tommy Walker. Now don't kick yourself. I didn't know the name either before last week, BUT I sure do now.
He wrote "He Knows My Name" and other fabulous worship songs. Anyway, today he was at our church leading the worship. Most of the songs were new ones he taught us. Then it was over, and I couldn't believe it. He hadn't sung my song... Fortunately, our worship leader said there is a tradition in Russia that a performer does a finale(I don't know the Russian word) It's sort of like an encore. Anyway, she said he had to do "He Knows My Name" and we all roared our agreement, so he did. As usual, I cried. That song touches me soooooooo much.


The weather is still pleasant, though definitely getting cooler. The days are now much shorter, about 8:30 to 6:00 is full daylight. I learned this weekend that our clocks do not change, as the president declared no more time changes after last March. I am happy for that so it won't be dark so early in the evening.
Next Friday is a holiday here, and I'm planning to attend a Women's Conference with my Russian church. It will be translated as there are ladies coming from England.
That's it for this month, and it's certainly been another full and interesting one.
Comments
Post a Comment