Nov. 15- internet has certainly accelerated communication. Today I had word from my other daughter- in- law, Kelly, that my grandson, Zach, was featured in the Dal News on Facebook.
Walked what I call 'the River trail' today and did about 6 km. David had a game with B team in Thonon, so I made my goulash for supper again. It seems to be a hit. Our dessert was last of the maple cookies from Quebec booth at the Foire. I've been knitting with Karen's yarn scraps and decided to make a scarf with France flag on it; just something to do. Karen has symptoms of strep throat, which proved to be true when she got to Doc on Monday.
Nov. 16- Raining today but I still did river walk. Karen requested David make a pot of soup to eat through her sick days and it was delicious for all. I finished a book called " The Wake" which was about an earthquake and resultant tsunami in NL in Nov. 1929. I slept a bit in the evening so I could be up for Grey Cup, which lasted till 4:00 a.m. here. I knit to stay awake.j
Nov 17- I walked the dog in drizzle this morning so only did 2.6 km. Karen got antibiotics so hopefully will improve soon. Despite her ' weakened condition' she still manages to slaughter me nightly in Hand, Knee, and Foot.
Nov. 18- did an extra long walk today, again on a new path( just not been on it before) which took me to a familiar place, and then home along the road- 6.67 km. I've been mostly keeping up my 'reading' with audio books while I walk. I've done several since I've been here, but I'm not going to make my Goodreads goal this year because of availability. Tonight the dog woke me about 3 and I couldn't get back to sleep because I've started again with this stabbing pain which happens in my right foot. When I'm starting to drift off, it jolts me, like an electric shock, and that keeps me from falling asleep.
Nov. 19- David was not doing well today so I had to do the groceries. It's about 1 km. each way. So, my days mostly consist of Duolingo, walking, reading, puzzles online, knitting, and cards in the evening ( much like home but with a much wider variety of scenery).
Nov. 20- David told me tonight that there is space for me for the trip to Clermont Ferrand for the U18 game on Sunday. I hope the weather is decent.
Nov. 21- it snowed overnight, which is early, and really changed the look of the surroundings. David and Tedy went to a gathering tonight celebrating the Centaures club's 40th Anniversary. Tedy said he had a great time.
Nov. 22- sun is out today, but it started at 0°, so the colder weather is coming. Thankfully, I remembered to bring all my warm stuff so I still enjoyed my River walk. ( it's the Isere River, if anyone is curious).
See you in December.



Comments
Post a Comment