The settling in has begun. I allowed myself a week of no expectations, just to reacquaint myself to being here. I did start daily (well almost) walking and the weather has cooperated.
As usual, my walks take me a variety of places, really just meandering, with hardly a plan.There are always new things to see; I had never before, in all my visits, walked this area of the path along the canal.
Speaking of maple leaves, these ones falling here are gigantic.
There was one piece that no one could find a place for and Tedy made it his mission to place it, so I left it for him to put in. The location was a total surprise to all of us.
I did my longest walk, so far, on Saturday, and it's one of my favourite as it goes along the river. Ribsey likes it too because he gets to go off-leash.
Bottom middle is an orchard of walnut trees, the area is known for. Far right is bamboo, I think. And, at the end I call it the 'home stretch because the last km. goes along the sidewalk and you can see the whole way.
a sign to slow down and watch for hedgehogs (guess they are becoming endangered here)
And more, because I can't resist sharing all my pictures.
Today, Sunday, it poured rain a lot of the day, which was fitting for the mood I was in. Exhausted from the 5:00 a.m. finish of the game (Yes, David found a way to watch), I was lamenting the unfair loss of our Blue Jays. (They really did deserve to win)


Comments
Post a Comment