Monday 3- Went for a drive to a new place for me this morning called Crolles. Saw this tall waterfall on the drive. Wish I could have gotten closer. It's probably pretty spectacular. Also, found another new place across the river that I'd like to walk to; there's also a bus I can take to get back, if needed.
La Foire de Grenoble opened on the 1st and went to the 11th. The Centaures had an exhibit there, to raise awareness and even recruit, so David was quite busy but I got to go a couple of days. The theme this year was "Sixties, Pop and Retro". It's held at the huge Alpexpo building and there was lots of fun stuff to see. Some retros replicas and even a walkthrough with displays about several topics.
There are lots of high end furniture setups, also cars, cars, cars, and many restaurants with everything from 'aligot' ( cheese, cream, garlic and butter blended into mashed potatoes- YUM!) to full course dining spots. There were some International displays-
We loaded up on maple cookies, maple tea, maple oatmeal packets, but we were too late for the squeaky cheese.
There was also a vintage ferris wheel that I rode twice- once with David and the second visit with Joanna.
One day David brought home hand-made Orecchiette, which means 'little ears'.
Apparently, the lady who gave it to him won a competition. He prepared it with tomato sauce.
Orecchiette is a pasta typical of the Apulia region of Italy. Their name comes from the Italian word for 'ear', a reference to their shape.
I continue with walks every day, some longer than others.
I continue with walks every day, some longer than others.
Today I surprised myself and did 7.5 k. and wandered in some new areas for me. I've also completed my 4th puzzle. Karen can borrow them from the University library. I guess they have everything there- chargers, shawls, and even tote bags to bring them home in.
Sunday was Tedy's first game on the U18 team. He's been practicing with them but he had to get doctor and league approval to play since he's only 14. He plays DB, and he did great- one interception and one prevented TD.
Tuesday I attended Remembrance Day service in Domene. It wasn't held at our traditional 11 a.m. but at 4:30. Karen speculated that maybe it's because every little community has one, but the choirs ( adults and school kids) are made up from the region so they go to several places. It takes on a whole different meaning when you think of how France suffered compared to us.
One of them was to realize I hadn't done a blog for a while, so now I'm caught up.
Today I went with David to a quiet place in Bois Français to change the oil in the team van.
One of them was to realize I hadn't done a blog for a while, so now I'm caught up.
À bientôt.
Comments
Post a Comment