it's a shame the crane had to be in the shot
Friday I had another new experience. Not in my planning, but I shopped in town the Friday before Christmas. I had an assignment and this was the only day to do it. So, David and I headed out in the morning. We went to the big Carrefore in Meylan and it was jam packed with people. I don't even know my way around the store so I just followed David and tried not to lose him. It took us over an hour to pick up a few things, but we did find a turkey. Then we had some other shops to visit, but not nearly so crowded. It took us all day, but I can't say why till after Christmas. I did 5.19 km.
Now that shocker is revealed I'll go back and recap this week. Friday Tedy's Christmas present arrived and since he was in the game Saturday they decided to surprise him and let him open them. The delight on his face was priceless...(unfortunately I don't know how to add videos)
First he was challenged to open the present without ripping the paper which he did with great success
The delight quickly deteriorated to disappointment when they didn't fit. The parents were equally disappointed. It was decided that David and I would travel to The Village, an outlet complex, and exchange them. So next morning, early, we headed out.
Tedy did not come because we couldn't be sure of timing and didn't want him to miss his game, even if old sneakers. We made the exchange with no problem but then we were told there wasn't any in the store, and they would have to ship. It was a miserable week of waiting for Tedy, every day hoping they would arrive so he could show them off at practice. They finally came on Wednesday. And the delight came again with them.

they are LeBron's which is the ultimate, I'm told-
Run faster, jump higher, shoot straighter 😁
They lost their game in the afternoon. It was a close one (but, of course, he didn't have his shoes yet). In the evening they cut out sugar cookies and decorated them. Tedy went on a sleepover.
Sunday I didn't do much all day, but read. This cold is really hanging on and not letting up. I cough and blow and it's tiring. David made fish and chips for supper - SO good!
Monday morning I walked the dog and then to Intermarche, don't remember what for but I did 4.03. Then in the afternoon, because it was a gorgeous day, I did another 4.05 km.
Tuesday we didn't go to physio but later David took me for a few errands. I was looking for yarn to knit dishclothes but it was way too expensive. We also found a zipper so I could replace a broken one in David's winter coat. I'm becoming quite proficient again in hand sewing with the various tasks he has had for me. The sewing store was really quite humorous. A person David's size could hardly get through the aisles and then you had to keep asking people to move aside so you could get through. There was a lot packed in a little space but the proprietor knew where everything was.
Wednesday I took the dog and we went to Intermarche to try and find a seam ripper( I'd forgotten that and pins at the sewing store), but I wouldn't pay the 8.90€ it cost so I had to pick it apart with scissors and a pin and I used safety pins (half the price) to hold it in place while I sewed. I spent the afternoon working on that and Joanna was making a delicious chocolate chip banana bread. She still has a cough but she's back at school this week.
Thursday, market day, David was disappointed as his meat man was not there. We got fruit for a chocolate fondue on Christmas Eve. Then I continued on another way with the dog and he went home on his scooter. It's a lot easier for his knee.
I've already told you about the wild ride on Friday, so I guess that's it.
Nothing left except to say a big Merry Christmas. Hope you all have a great time with family and friends. I know I will.

Merry Christmas, Jackie! Had $200 U.S. from Neil Latta so deposited it yesterday. (257.78) Terribly high winds this week that played havoc with decorations and trees. Bitterly cold yesterday -17c with the wind chill. Milder today. Nice choir and Carol sing last Sunday and Christmas Eve service tomorrow afternoon. Best wishes for 2024.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Love from me.
ReplyDelete