Skip to main content

5- Hello December

December has arrived.


There was not much difference. The temperatures range from -1 to 8, mostly warming through the day. There's been a lot of rain, but today was the second day of sun which is nice for walking. It rained the night of Nov. 30 and all the next day. David and I went to physio. He just does exercises in the pool now but I still do some on the table and then William manipulates my shoulder. Then I go and do my whole round of exercises again in the pool.

 After we finished there we picked up some groceries and came home. It continued to rain and in the evening David and Karen went in for the AGM of the club. The rain turned to big snow flakes and the kids were excited. After some games, I suggested they go to bed so they would be ready to play the next day. Unfortunately, the snow didn't accumulate or last, and next day it was gone. 


Saturday afternoon, I accompanied Joanna to Cheer practice, and with the dog walk I did about 3.42 km. for the day.


Sunday is a quiet day with no activities so I decided to take the dog in the morning and see where the roads would take us. Of course, wherever you go you have to come back. This adventure took us along the river, past the small planes airport, across a bridge, and back down the other side till we got back to Domene. There we crossed back to our side now that we knew where we were, and headed home. I was amazed to learn I had gone 11 km. I felt great and had no adverse affects after I was rested.





The paths here are great for walking, biking, etc. and they go everywhere. 


In the late afternoon, Sam and Cheryl came for his birthday celebration since he would not be available today ( his actual birthday).
David made a gorgeous, moist chocolate cake and we had pizza. We played games on something called jackbox.tv where we all used our devices to answer, etc. We had a great evening until they had to dash off to catch the last bus. 
Monday was a quiet day, lots of reading. It's Karen's day off. I managed to do 3.7 km, I guess walking the dog.



Tuesday physio (saw a machine vacuuming out the tracks) and then David and I went to buy sneakers for me and the kids at Decathelon. The checkout is interesting. You drop all your goods all together  into a bin which scans the prices, then you can pay with your card. (picture) We had lunch at Pitaya Thai Street Food restaurant because he had to go for an arthroscan on his knee in the afternoon. I came home. For the scan he was required to buy his own lidocaine, needle, and dye for the procedure. 
I brought our leftover rice home for Karen and took the dog out. Total for the day 4.14 km.


Wednesday I went for a walk in the morning with the dog. I knew what my plan was but again curiosity got the better of me and I explored new streets and ended up in a place where I wasn't sure where to turn next. I have learned enough of the terrain to figure out which way to try and did and ended up back where I started. Discovered some new areas and had a pleasant walk of 5.22 km. More lovely scenery, and interesting shots. Plants growing out of the wall, a house on the side of the mountain, a parking sign in English, leaves covering the sidewalk, interesting architecture, and the start of Christmas decorating. Add in the gorgeous mountains and it makes a spectacular day.



Today, once again, was market day. We loaded up on fresh meat, fish, eggs, fruit, vegetables, cheese, and David also bought Karen an early Christmas present. Here she is at her online teaching (you can't see the computer screen she's glued to. The picture is blurry because I had to sneak it, but you can see the festive shawl she has on with snow flakes and Christmas colours. She looks tired after a long day.
And so begins my fourth week.


Comments

  1. Hi Jackie,
    Enjoying all the beautiful scenery as you walk. Thanks for sharing. Everything seems so different there. We have snow and it sure looks nice covering the trees. Supposed to rain Monday with temperatures of 15c. Cemetery stuff all looked after and banked $350. last week. All good in the hood!
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

17- All Good Things Come to an End

  My latest caricature created from my  birthday picture at Richard's  (My teeth are definitely not that perfect, but thanks AI) March is ending and so is my visit in France. I've tried to capture and share some of the beauty, and the fun I've had. The weekend of March 21 the Elite team had a home game so I decided to go exploring for the day till game time at 4. I got off the bus in Gières and walked down to the beginning of B tram. I deposited an English book I'd brought with me at the free library at that stop. It has a note in it asking if the person who takes it would contact me. I'm anxious to see if someone will. I got on the B tram with no plan but as I went, I thought I would ride it all the way as I have done a couple other lines. It's a great way to see the city and get the 'lay of the land'. I didn't realized how far it went. From my seat I could people watch, window shop, and even tour some of the campus and ended up on the other side of...

13- Wow! It's February

  I've seen several memes of shock that it's February and I thought the same. But, I am happy for each change as spring marches toward us. Our days are getting longer and dawn comes earlier. I'm not a bird-er, but I used my Merlin app to record the pre-dawn serenade through my open window and this is the singer. He has several songs, some more melodious than others. I thought it was more than one species but Merlin only comes up with this fellow.  I walk the dog in an empty space behind the school where I can let him off leash. This is what I encountered one day as I strolled in the leaves. Don't look too closely at first, and what do you suppose I thought? It took my heart a little while to settle down from the startle factor and then I laughed and got a picture.  I attended a Tony Robbins webinar on line for 3 days, well evenings for me, because of being ahead 6 hours. I, also, was following a missing person reports from home, with no positive results as yet. Sunday 1...

14- Enjoying Olympics

We've had so much rain, so on my walk this morning, when there was no traffic, I actually heard the waterfall. It's not very visible from the road but the sound reminded me to look up.  We enjoyed Tedy's 15th birthday with his requested supper of Chicken Caesar and Joanna made chocolate chip cookies to turn into ice cream sandwiches. David's desk is in the room where I spend my time, so we've shared a lot of the highs and lows for Canada, as he works away on his football plans and watching film. Last night, while he was at practice , I witnessed Canada Women's Hockey and shared the sorrow of their overtime loss of gold. Right now I'm in the midst of cheering women's curling semi-final against Sweden. GO CANADA GO! Spring is starting to show its sweet face, but I guess, there's been an unusual amount of rain, and Karen has been telling me about hearing reports of avalanches, including one that shut down the trains to and from Valence area.  Football s...