Hard to realize that I've completed a month today.
Back to Friday 8th. When we were in town for physio, I saw this unusual statue at the University and decided to research it.
This is the artist who created it for the University.Hypnos was depicted as a young man with wings on his shoulders or brow. His attributes included either a horn of sleep-inducing opium, a poppy-stem, a branch dripping water from the river Lethe (Forgetfulness), or an inverted torch. His Roman equivalent was Somnus or Sopor.
https://www.theoi.com › Daimon
Saturday David and I walked up to the Christmas Market of Domene. He was hoping to buy a tree but the only ones there had been sold by the school and were being picked up.
After that, I walked around till bus time and David and I went by bus and train to Voreppe to watch Tedy play basketball. He is on the town team and his first time to play since he got his stitches out. They only choose so many for each game so he was delighted to be chosen. ( the list is out and he will play again this week)
On the way home David had to stop off to meet with a player from his team so I continued to make my way home alone. I've learned a few of the buses so I knew I could catch one at the train station to take me to # 15 which is our bus to Domene. I was right on time for both buses. Public transit is so efficient here. It only took 36 minutes from Voreppe to my door.
In the evening Karen and I played Hand and Foot. Joanna's coach has been sick so no practice Wed. or Sat. and now Joanna has a terrible cold.Sunday I walked to Intermarche and David came later on the scooter to buy our tree. It was my Christmas present to them. We came home by bus. In the meantime, Tedy left by bus to meet up with Sam and Cheryl who are taking him to the Festival of Lights in Lyon. It was a rainy night but they had fun and he slept over at their place because it was too late for our bus. ( the one disadvantage is they don't run out here after 9:30.) I walked the dog at bedtime. It was raining here too but mild.Monday I woke with a cold; guess it was inevitable. I'm rarely sick at home but I live alone. Whether it's cold or covid seems to be of little concern now, but there are several teachers sick every day. Joanna stayed home and Tedy came back from Sam's in the afternoon. David set up the tree and they decorated in the evening and then kids went to bed early and I walked the dog. It continued to rain, which is a recurring story now, but very mild evening.
Tuesday physio, the only one this week. I came home alone again and, of course, took a different route to explore. I rode all the way to Intermarche and got some groceries and also came back on the bus as more than I wanted to carry and walk. I downloaded the app for The Chosen and started watching it again at 1st episode. It's great every time. If you haven't encountered it yet, check it out. We've kind of established a routine. David goes to practice, Karen puts the kids to bed and reads to them, and I walk the dog and if time do the dishes or she does. And then, we can play a game. She's slaughtered me this week in Hand and Foot. Wed. Joanna tried school since it was only a couple of hours.( Wed is half day) Their schedule is very interesting. I never know what time they will leave for school or how long they will be there. They check online every day to see what their schedule is. That's where they find out everything about school- what time, what classes, what teachers are missing, what grades they make. All so foreign to me, from old-school. David and I went to town in the afternoon to get dog food, and fixings for supper.Thursday, as usual, is market day. I felt the worst I have all week, but I still went. Need the fresh air. I'd walked the dog early so I didn't have to take him with me. Again, I walked and David came on the scooter and met me. My total walking for this week is about 35 km. Here are some things I saw-
Today I did an early walk. As I often say, my walks don't always follow a plan. Today I headed out to try and find Fisherman's Friends (which I did) and ended up starting up a mountain,
After that, I walked around till bus time and David and I went by bus and train to Voreppe to watch Tedy play basketball. He is on the town team and his first time to play since he got his stitches out. They only choose so many for each game so he was delighted to be chosen. ( the list is out and he will play again this week)
In the evening Karen and I played Hand and Foot. Joanna's coach has been sick so no practice Wed. or Sat. and now Joanna has a terrible cold.
On the way home David had to stop off to meet with a player from his team so I continued to make my way home alone. I've learned a few of the buses so I knew I could catch one at the train station to take me to # 15 which is our bus to Domene. I was right on time for both buses. Public transit is so efficient here. It only took 36 minutes from Voreppe to my door.
In the evening Karen and I played Hand and Foot. Joanna's coach has been sick so no practice Wed. or Sat. and now Joanna has a terrible cold.
Sunday I walked to Intermarche and David came later on the scooter to buy our tree. It was my Christmas present to them. We came home by bus. In the meantime, Tedy left by bus to meet up with Sam and Cheryl who are taking him to the Festival of Lights in Lyon. It was a rainy night but they had fun and he slept over at their place because it was too late for our bus. ( the one disadvantage is they don't run out here after 9:30.) I walked the dog at bedtime. It was raining here too but mild.
Monday I woke with a cold; guess it was inevitable. I'm rarely sick at home but I live alone. Whether it's cold or covid seems to be of little concern now, but there are several teachers sick every day. Joanna stayed home and Tedy came back from Sam's in the afternoon. David set up the tree and they decorated in the evening and then kids went to bed early and I walked the dog. It continued to rain, which is a recurring story now, but very mild evening.
Tuesday physio, the only one this week. I came home alone again and, of course, took a different route to explore. I rode all the way to Intermarche and got some groceries and also came back on the bus as more than I wanted to carry and walk. I downloaded the app for The Chosen and started watching it again at 1st episode. It's great every time. If you haven't encountered it yet, check it out. We've kind of established a routine. David goes to practice, Karen puts the kids to bed and reads to them, and I walk the dog and if time do the dishes or she does. And then, we can play a game. She's slaughtered me this week in Hand and Foot.
Wed. Joanna tried school since it was only a couple of hours.( Wed is half day) Their schedule is very interesting. I never know what time they will leave for school or how long they will be there. They check online every day to see what their schedule is. That's where they find out everything about school- what time, what classes, what teachers are missing, what grades they make. All so foreign to me, from old-school. David and I went to town in the afternoon to get dog food, and fixings for supper.
Thursday, as usual, is market day. I felt the worst I have all week, but I still went. Need the fresh air. I'd walked the dog early so I didn't have to take him with me. Again, I walked and David came on the scooter and met me. My total walking for this week is about 35 km. Here are some things I saw-
Today I did an early walk. As I often say, my walks don't always follow a plan. Today I headed out to try and find Fisherman's Friends (which I did) and ended up starting up a mountain,
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps




Good morning, Jackie
ReplyDeleteA lovely sunny day here and about 3c. The rain took all our snow. Hope you are feeling better and that your cold is gone. Love learning about the history of the area you’re in. Thanks for the great history lessons.
When I leave for a walk I am never sure what path I will follow. Often it depends on if a car is turning onto a street or something similar just so I keep moving. It sounds like things are going well. The time is passing quickly. I like the tree.
ReplyDelete