I started to do the blog this morning and I got sidetracked looking at pictures and memories. I probably won't finish today but the blessing will still apply. I hear there is quite a weather issue going on at home with wind, rain, and power outages. I hope it clears up soon. I imagine you're all anxious for winter to be behind you.
We had a setback on the weekend too(cold and rainy) but now it's back to sunshine and flowers.
Coming back from Thonon-les-Bains on Sunday I was trying to see if I could remember all the places I've gone, which team, and the outcomes, so I spent time today sorting them out, as well as other statistics.
This is as much for my record as for your info as my blog is always there for me to refer to. I have previously written about Clermont Ferrand, Chambery, Annecy, Romans-sur-Isère, Thonon and now I can add Marseille. I finally have a paper map and am enjoying seeing everything laid out and where the places are in the country. I do love a paper map and to see where I'm going!
After my last blog, I learned that there was room and I could travel with the team to Marseille. I always just enjoy seeing the countryside and noticing differences. I was delighted with the route that the driver took( probably his googled directions) through the city. I got to see a lot, like a bus tour without commentary. I marvelled at how they can maneuver through the narrow streets and crazy traffic and sharp turns. I got a lot of pictures which are not great photography but memories. David told the team later, jokingly, that his mother had never been to Marseille so he asked the driver to show her the city. Some even believed him, but he had told me they never went that route before, but usually came in another way from the highway.
Here's the trip in pictures:
most of my views are out my window or the driver's and he had his visor down and sometimes windshield wipers.
Marseille is a cruise city so we saw ships docked and the downtown was full of tourists. (which I didn't shoot)We arrived around 5 ish so I didn't walk about, but hung with Miriam ( a ref who travelled with us, and knows her way around the stadium) She apologized that she didn't know much English, but we got along fine. I met her son who came from U18 in case they needed him because of all our injuries. And, this night was no exception; we had one concussion that went to the hospital, and one player who was hurt but didnt acknowledge till he took himself to the hospital the next day. He did something to his foot/ankle and is wearing a boot and crutches for a month. We lost-41-14. 😐 So we are down 4 key players and working with a new QB ( who is fitting in well)
On the Friday, I went with David to deliver Joanna to her tour of the school where she hopes to go next year. It's the same place Sam went and combined cooking training with academics.
And, no outing would be complete without McD. They have heavy plastic dishes here that they rewash instead of garbage ( maybe they do home, I haven't been for many years) and I'm learning how to order at the kiosk, which is all they have.
Tedy, and others, keep my sewing skills in tact. Now, he's even offering me for his friends. The other day I darned a pair of socks (that were 'Leo's favourite'; despite the fact that they were just a cheap store bought pair that probably took longer than it took to make them) The more I did, the more holes I found. They're not long for this world, but I tried my best to live up to Tedy's hype.I had another city exploration day on Monday when I picked up David's laptop for Karen at Univ. and delivered it home for his football prep. I went in early and walked around campus and then met her and brought it home. Because I had done that, I felt I knew where to find her, so on Wed. I volunteered to meet her again with books she had to return to library that she had forgotten. I got to see where she borrows all my puzzles and when we parted I rode a tram and then went Normal store and bought some soap for David and other finds while browsing. There were sheep inside a temporary fencing right across from the big mall complex. What a great way to look after the grass!
I'm thankful for the people that keep me informed of thing at home. There have been births, and, sadly deaths, and storms and terrible world events. These help to remind me not to neglect my prayer life.
Thursday- another puzzle
17 jigsaw puzzles, about 140 morning dog walks, 2 year streak on Duolingo, 144 daily Wordle/Canuckle and other puzzles, attended 4 home games, 2 on TV, and 5 away, I think. I've renewed my bus pass 6 times and learned that I should have gotten it for a year. I completed my 2025 walking with 1047 km, and have 216 km this year. I've read or listened to 36 books, and played 63 games of Hand, Knee, and Foot winning only 21. I've been out of France 3 times, BUT, best of all I've seen some of my family everyday for all those 144 days.
Oh, yes, and 4 birthdays for 2026, and 7 to come.
Happy Birthday, Zach, today.💞
As I was composing all these statistics I came to the crushing realization that I only have 2 more weeks before I have to go back to reality.
Hopefully., you will serve me up some lovely spring weather for my return.






Comments
Post a Comment