This is our scenery-
I've often commented how amazing it is to me that there are trails all over France. I'm sure you could walk or bike the whole country without using roads. This is a path, alongside the highway, completely paved and marked.
Sunday 23rd, we travelled to Annecy for a match with Avalache. This is the D3 division, not the Elite. The area is actually called Cran-Gévrier.
Beautiful day, beautiful drive, same day as Olympic gold medal men's hockey game, and both resulted in losses. But, I got great pictures and lots of exercise and fresh air.
David- coached, drove home, got supper, then gave Karen a haircut. Man of many talents.
My cold continues, but mostly as coughing spells in the night. Nothing that puts me in bed. The spring weather continues with flowers popping out all over and nice temperatures, mid teens.Another puzzle-
Saturday 28th the Elite team travelled to Toulouse, but David recommended I not go because it was about 14 or so hours on the bus and next morning just as they got home we would be leaving for Tedy's game in Thonon. Again, it was a good decision.
I spent the day in Grenoble with some shopping and finding my way around on buses, and then because it was so nice I roamed around Domene and did a couple of errands. I didn't think there were streets that I hadn't been on yet, but I found some.
The match was prolonged because Centaures had 2 major injuries- the Center got hit in the head and experienced a 'stinger' and he was lying on the field for at least an hour before the ambulance came. We, who were watchiing at home felt like we were holding our breath because we had no idea what the injury was. I learned later that he actually got to call him Mom and assure her he was ok while he was still lying there. He had to stay in the hospital while they tested, and cleared him, and he took the train home next day. The other injury was an O lineman who suffered a broken upper arm. He had to stay more than overnight for surgery (plate and screws). So, we're down 2 offensive players, as if we haven't had enough struggles so far. So we lost to Ours 42-23. David got home about 7, rested an hour and we headed out about 8:40.
Tedy's game (U18) was in Thonon, which is another place I hadn't been. I learned that it is across a lake from Switzerland and the borders run through the lake. We always have to arrive in lots of time for their warmups which gives me ample time to explore. I managed to find my way from the field (usually not in the hub of things) to places where I could see and photograph the lake, and across to Lausanne. I love exploring new cities! It was beautiful and so pleasant for walking. I chose not to try to get closer when I saw how far I would have to climb back up.
Meanwhile, the team got ready, but were not prepared for a defeat also, and 2 injuries. At least they had a great day of exercise and fun in the sun, which is what sport should be about.

I saw a request on Facebook for knitters to make poppies for Cumberland Museum for a display, and we happen to have the right colour so I thought I'd give it a try.
Primroses are everywhere. I remember the first time I saw them in ditches, on riverbank, in parks, everywhere.
And, it's as if everyone was just standing inside their doors waiting to burst forth too, because everywhere is crowded with walkers, runners, skaters, children, enjoying the outdoors. France certainly promotes being active.But, I have actually seen bikers, and joggers and walkers all winter too.
Now, we prepared for the next game on Saturday in Marseilles. I'm so glad I can see them online with Karen as my commentator.
I reached 2 year unbroken streak today on Duolingo. I do think I am learning, but I need to get braver and try to use it to speak. Baby steps, baby steps- I did ask for something in a store the other day. Speaking of steps, I've recorded at least 180 km. so far in 2026. And, we're all enjoying the days getting longer.
😎 it will soon be there too. Keep the faith!🌡☀️








Comments
Post a Comment