When I last spoke to you it was Christmas Eve. Well, The Day did come as day follows night. The little kids had been awake several times in the night so the morning activities managed to be delayed till around 7:30.
We began with the Bible Story around the tree while the stockings were being eyed. As with tradition, Joanna dug in first and then it followed up in age. (Forgive me, family, if I don't have the sequence of the morning just right) We took an intermission at some point to eat Samuel's cinnamon buns, and continued throughout the morning to unwrap in various age sequences. There was ooh-ing and aah-ing all around as things were opened and everyone seemed delighted with what they received. We managed to make it last till about noon time.
The Secret Santa gifts were very creative all around- let's see if I can remember them all. Joanna stamped and painted an apron for Samuel
Tedy made a jewellery holder for Madeline from plaster and a mold of his hand.
Madeline made scrunchies for Joanna ( one was NL tartan)
Charlie made a Harry Potter robe for Tedy (with a little help from Grandma)
Samuel made a dessert for David with meringues on it
Karen gave me a pair of her handknit socks
David made this ingenious chess set for Charlie from nuts and bolts
I created for Karen an afternoon/evening of enjoyment
which included a handmade book mark, a book, a candle, a tea mug, a pkg. of peppermint tea, a small box of liqueur filled chocolates and a snowman headband( sticking to my usual- want, need, wear, read)
I cut a page protector and blanket stitched down each side to hold the quote in place.
It's a C.S. Lewis quote. Didn't realize it was blurry.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." -C.S. Lewis”
David cooked the feast- capone, mashed potatoes, dressing, carrots, turnip, gravy, cranberries, and Karen made rolls. Veronique and Vivien joined us. It was delish and all went away stuffed.
Games were the entertainment of the evening as they had received several new ones.
Thursday, I decided I'd better get back to walking. Little did I know where it would take me. I never know when I leave which route I will take, but when all was said and done on this day, I had gone 7 km. I discovered new areas and completed another mystery loop and connected it to ways I've gone before.
walking too much to take many pictures. When I get going, I feel like I want to go on forever, but my feet eventually betray me.
Yesterday, Friday, I thought I would just go for a short stroll and it ended up being 4 km. I'm really going to miss this countryside. It's so inspiring.
Today the pond was populated with dozens of ducks.
As I mentioned previously Dec. 27 was David and Karen's 20th anniversary. For 20 years I have been giving them little 'gag' gifts to signify which anniversary. The 20th is platinum so I presented them with little platinum tea lamps as my final offering. ( 20 is the last year on my list)
Today we are binge watching Star Wars movies to prepare some of us to see the latest in the theatre. I don't even know what it's like outside.




















Comments
Post a Comment