Our little window display- items will be explained in the blog*
On Monday 9th, Joanna and I took Ribsey for a nice long walk and then around the block to make the total 2.5 km. That evening, they decorated the tree.
The triangular area with the 2 tall buildings is Sam's school. The yellowish buildings are the school.

On Monday 9th, Joanna and I took Ribsey for a nice long walk and then around the block to make the total 2.5 km. That evening, they decorated the tree.
The strike continues to disrupt things, requiring Karen to take Sam to and from school and deliver and pick up Charlie from tram trips. Tuesday they also had to make a trip to Lyon to deliver someone from the club to the airport.
Wed. is the half day for school so Karen and kids made Snowballs ( a Christmas traditional cookie of NL) in the afternoon.
https://www.rockrecipes.com/newfoundland-snowballs-recipe/
Thursday was my longest walk so far. I explored a new area, walked out to the Verniens nursery where we had gotten our tree and the poinsettia plant.* It took me over an hour and I went 5.24 km. And more than 10,000 steps for the whole day. After school the kids made and cut out cinnamon ornaments and we dried them in the oven after we'd cooked supper. Karen and I watched some episodes of The Queen after the kids went to bed.
Friday night for supper, Samuel delighted us with a quiche called 'Quiche au Legumes'. He's making good use of his birthday utensils.
Saturday David had to go to Lyons with some of the U16 players for a training day. Karen and I both had to drive into Grenoble so they could use the van. We then came home and I walked to the bakery for some goodies. I came right home because it was raining. Karen led us all in a lesson on how to fold little Christmas trees. * They are so cute. We made a little forest. In the afternoon we went to Tedy's soccer matches, the first of the indoor season. It is run like a tournament so he had 4 games. We were there for almost 3 hours. He scored a goal, and they got medals.
Sunday Karen and the older boys had a referee clinic for the morning. It was a beautiful day so I set off walking in some new territory. I walked up a big hill,
saw a castle and a church, came upon a car in the ditch, and continued on finding my way as I went. I saw much countryside and came out unexpectedly across from the cemetery. By the time I got home I had gone 6.55 km. And was having such a good time I could have kept going if I'd had somewhere else to see.
When everyone got home, it was decided that we would continue to make the most of this fabulous day, so Karen and David and Tedy and Joanna and I drove 11 km. up a winding mountain road to a monastery that is famous for their biscuits (cookies). We didn't go for the biscuits though, we went for the hike and spectacular views from SO high up.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monast%C3%A8re_de_Chalais
The triangular area with the 2 tall buildings is Sam's school. The yellowish buildings are the school.
The sky at the end of the day was magnificent.

On the way down the trail we were noticing all the holly trees and David brought some home. *
I'm running out of adjectives to describe the awesome day.

















Comments
Post a Comment