Few more things to post this week despite being miserable with a cold.
The day we went to Palais de Facteur Cheval we stopped in at the tourist bureau and that's where we learned about the Dancing Rocks. We also had a nice chat with Pepper who loves to talk, have her picture taken and entertain the kids, and kids at heart.
I, also, didn't talk about going bowling, which we did on Saturday. It was 'big ball bowling'. It was a lot of fun. Everything is automated- scoring, and even when the gutter bumpers go up for the children.

Wed., Thurs., and Fri. I've been laid low just babying myself, reading, and hoping to beat this thing before I have to fly.
The day we went to Palais de Facteur Cheval we stopped in at the tourist bureau and that's where we learned about the Dancing Rocks. We also had a nice chat with Pepper who loves to talk, have her picture taken and entertain the kids, and kids at heart.
I, also, didn't talk about going bowling, which we did on Saturday. It was 'big ball bowling'. It was a lot of fun. Everything is automated- scoring, and even when the gutter bumpers go up for the children.
I admired the city decorations and got a picture of a tree I especially liked on one of the round-abouts.
Karen and I had been planning to experience escargots since they are so popular here, especially at Christmas, so we went on Monday when the kids had gone back to school. It was an enjoyable treat along with the onion soup I ordered. Of course, here it's not called 'French' onion soup, nor are there 'French' fries, or 'French' toast. We ate at Cafe de la Table Ronde which was established in 1739 and is second oldest café in France after the Procope in Paris.
On the way to the restaurant we passed by an historic church called St. Andre and went inside to have a look. We discovered an amazing miniature village set up, I assume, for Christmas. The characters were fabulous.
They're not really clear because it was very dark, but interesting.
My cold seems to be going through all the phases. Tuesday I was feeling OK so I took a walk to another area outside town, Saint Jean de Moirans, that I wanted to see. I did 10,000 steps and enjoyed some new territory. Chatted to a postal worker, spied another book nest, and then visited Samuel at his new work placement called 'stage', which is the local Carrefore (grocery store).Wed., Thurs., and Fri. I've been laid low just babying myself, reading, and hoping to beat this thing before I have to fly.







Comments
Post a Comment