Last night we went to Swan Lake at the Kremlin Theatre. It was a fun night. I confess I didn't know the story till we got a program at intermission. We left in lots of time , but once again encountered glitches in the plan. First, we had to disembark from the metro we were on, so then everyone feels the need to crowd on the very next one even though they come every 2 min. We were on 2 sardine packed rides before it cleared out a little. Then when we got to the Kremlin, for some unknown reason the line-up's were endless to get through the gates and, of course, the security checks.
We were about 20 min. late getting to our seats and had to shoo people out of them because in Russia as soon as it starts, people rush forward and fill up the empty seats. I like the idea of not leaving good seats empty, but don't agree with it when they're mine. Only at intermission did we learn that we had actually gone to the wrong seats and ours were even better. The only problem was lack of leg room, way worse than airplanes. I thought I might not walk again when I got up. One knee was crammed again a hard metal ridge on the seat in front of me and there was nowhere to turn for relief. Good news is that I survived and was actually able to stroll around after the performance, looking for the driver that would take us home. It would have been way faster to go by metro, but we did get to enjoy the sights over the Moscow river.
Another fun experience.
We were about 20 min. late getting to our seats and had to shoo people out of them because in Russia as soon as it starts, people rush forward and fill up the empty seats. I like the idea of not leaving good seats empty, but don't agree with it when they're mine. Only at intermission did we learn that we had actually gone to the wrong seats and ours were even better. The only problem was lack of leg room, way worse than airplanes. I thought I might not walk again when I got up. One knee was crammed again a hard metal ridge on the seat in front of me and there was nowhere to turn for relief. Good news is that I survived and was actually able to stroll around after the performance, looking for the driver that would take us home. It would have been way faster to go by metro, but we did get to enjoy the sights over the Moscow river.
Another fun experience.

Comments
Post a Comment