Well we just finished our Week of the Americas at school. On Monday, I did my first ever Power point presentation, on Canada. I gave a few fact and details of Canada while I showed them pictures I'd categorized by A,B,C- A is for Atlantic Ocean, Alberta, etc.... ending with Z is for zamboni. Everyone seemed to enjoy it even to the youngest class. It was a fun week. On Thursday we had turkey for lunch subsidized with chicken and I even cooked a pumpkin and made a pumpkin pie. Friday afternoon there closing ceremonies. The picture is of my certificate. They give certificates for everything and I always wondered why. Then one day I heard them talking about 'recognition of participation' for their portfolio. I guess this is like part of a resume if you're looking for a job.
We've had 3 ladies living with us this week from Khazakstan. They were here to observe at our school. Last night, since we could now relax, we taught them to play "Phase 10".
They really enjoyed it. Today they've gone shopping and will fly home tonight.
Hopefully next week will be calmer and a more normal week so the students can actually get some school work done.
We had snow that lasted for a day on Thursday but today is raining and took it all away.
I'm listening to an audio book of "The Help" so I guess I'll go hear some more before it expires(it's from the library at home).
By the time we meet again another month will be done.
They had snow in NS on Thursday too so you should be feeling right at home.
ReplyDeleteI had requested "The Help" at the library here. I started at about #125. On Wednesday I was down to #62. Someone at TOPS came in with the book so I borrowed it from her and cancelled my library request. I started to read the book at Chapters one day and requested it after that.
I haven't yet figured out how to get a book from the library into my e-reader. Yes, that same day we were at Chapters, Ted got me a Kobo. So far I have been reading free books from the Kobo site.
I love you.