This time Thursday I'll be approaching the airport in Winnipeg to make my flight to Ottawa. The packing is mostly done, the cleaning is done, and my final day alone is about to begin.
It has been a great experience getting to know the people here and seeing a little of the area. (not as much as I would have liked)
Daily I watch the geese continue to congregate and make their flight plans. They love the water just across from my place. one day I just sat and watched a huge flock gather. I got one picture of a bunch taking off when I startled them, but they didn't go far.
I have finally managed to get my last cross-stitch picture done of a set of 4 that I bought when I was last in Russia. They have traveled everywhere with me, and this time I got them finished. I even have the frames already bought (5 years ago when I was shopping for Madeline's). When I eventually get home I can get that done. What a sense of accomplishment! Then when I look at them I can not only be reminded of Russia, but also of Manitoba where I finished the task.
Someone asked me if I was near the flooding, but I didn't know anything about flooding until they asked me. So, no. I looked it up online and recognize the place names but not near enough that I have been to them.
I guess that's all I will report from here. Thanks for listening.
Tune in again as the journey continues.
It has been a great experience getting to know the people here and seeing a little of the area. (not as much as I would have liked)
Daily I watch the geese continue to congregate and make their flight plans. They love the water just across from my place. one day I just sat and watched a huge flock gather. I got one picture of a bunch taking off when I startled them, but they didn't go far.
I have finally managed to get my last cross-stitch picture done of a set of 4 that I bought when I was last in Russia. They have traveled everywhere with me, and this time I got them finished. I even have the frames already bought (5 years ago when I was shopping for Madeline's). When I eventually get home I can get that done. What a sense of accomplishment! Then when I look at them I can not only be reminded of Russia, but also of Manitoba where I finished the task.
Someone asked me if I was near the flooding, but I didn't know anything about flooding until they asked me. So, no. I looked it up online and recognize the place names but not near enough that I have been to them.
I guess that's all I will report from here. Thanks for listening.
Tune in again as the journey continues.
Comments
Post a Comment