On my last post, I said I'd see you in December, and here it is!
Sun. 23rd- we left early to the pick up spot and got organized for the drives to the U18 game, the team Tedy plays on. We had a break at Aires du Loire, which is near Thiers.
After the break we proceeded to Stade Jean Pellez which is part of the University campus in Clermont Ferrand. It seemed to be at the top of a hill and what a view! I walked around, ate my lunch, then walked some more until game time.
It was sunny till half time and then it rained. Thankfully the stands had a roof, but no help for the players. They had a good number of spectators, as opposed to me and three other parent drivers. And, there was a guy with a megaphone, who never shut up. His fans thought he was funny, but apparently, his remarks, which were easily heard on the field, were abusive, unkind, and downright rude to our players. Guess I should be glad I didn't understand. The final outcome was 20-16 for them, although they fumbled the ball at the end and we should have had a last play. We stopped at McD in Aire du Haute Forez on our way back. It poured the whole way home and then we had to make an extra stop for the other van to repair their wiper. It is about 3.5 hours each way normally. We got back to Domene just as they turned out the street lights at 11. It's a strange experience to be driving along and the everything goes dark. It's done to conserve energy.
This week was mostly routine, with a few long walks ( 7, 8.75, 6.6 km.) on new territory.
Saturday David and I did some shopping for special night planned for Sunday evening when we were going to celebrate the beginning of December and Advent. We bought advent calendars and some special goodies.
We got home in time for me to watch the funeral of a good friend's father online. I was so glad that the church televised it.
We went to the match on Sunday of the B team. I took the bus by myself and managed to do fine. Again, it started raining at half time. They lost 7-6 against Annecy.
Our evening was lots of fun. David cooked a delicious dinner. Then we did some entertainment-Tedy told jokes, and Joanna too. David's talent was cooking, Karen's was choking on her water from laughing, and I performed a couple of card tricks. The first one, I messed up which created said laughter, but I got the other one right and 'amazed everyone'. I have since perfected the missed one and was equally astounding.😁 Then we had hot chocolate with frozen whipped cream treats in it and the delightful cereal squares which were a hit the first time I made them also. Everyone received their advent calendars and then it was time for bed.
Thus ending a fabulous, very speedy month.




Comments
Post a Comment