My runway before leaving Montreal.
It was an ok trip. I think I did sleep some, but I never moved from my seat from 9:10pm till 11:00am next morning ( minus 6 hours difference). Supper was chicken with rice, carrot salad, a roll with cheese, and a brownie. Breakfast was a yogurt, a piece of cranberry loaf, and small coffee. Long wait at luggage, but thankfully, my suitcase came. I always think that it's miraculous when you watch them transferring on the runway and all the different places they're going. David and Joanna were patiently waiting at the exit door. I had injured my toes while rushing to change gates in Montreal( wrong footwear) so I ended up walking from the plane in my sock feet (pain vs. pride)
We headed for Grenoble and actually attended a football game before we went home; U18's were playing. I was just thrilled to sit and view the mountains and experience the lovely spring-like weather considering what I had left behind.Monday, I went with David to a University field where he does training with a few guys as part of their sports curriculum. I walked a path around the outside of part of the campus. I wasn't fit enough yet for the whole walk. I did about 2.5 km then later did another 1.6 with the dog.
As you can tell I still havent figured how to place the pictures so I just leave them where they land although it doesnt make for a very nice presentation.
We did the field again on Tuesday and I explored some different spots including a representation of the solar system that students had done a few years ago. It showed some wear and some vandalism with Earth and Saturn's rings totally missing along with some of the plaques. Such a shame. I think it is to scale and distance.
There are also labels on various trees planted there:
Meanwhile, the bus to Nimes was turned back about 25 minutes from destination because the Mairie had decided the field was too waterlogged to play on. They'd had rain for several days. So, they headed back. We got to have supper together anyway.
Wednesday is half day for the kids so they got home at noon. I had done dog walk in the morning and wasted the whole afternoon trying to find my pictures on this device. They're supposed to share but thankfully David found out the problem so now I'm good to go. We had a new-to-me pasta tonight called Les Crozets au Sarrasin. I hope I can find it at home because I liked them.
I've been seeing flowers starting - only one pic so far.
Friday we went to Ikea to buy a frame for a finished puzzle to free up the board so I can work on one while I'm here. We also loaded my bus pass so I can get around independently if I want to Saturday was game day in Nimes, but Joanna had an archery competition, so I went with her so Karen could go on the Coaching staff. The Archery was in Charavines so I got to see some new countryside. She only started archery this fall and has a gold, silver, and bronze medals. Her class is called 'naked bow' because it has no enhancements. I enjoyed watching and learning new things.
Sunday David, Tedy and I went to Chambery. We took in a game and then took a brief drive around to see some sights. I'd been past on a bus but never in and they'd only been there for games, so not beyond the field. The iconic monument is an Elephant Fountain, which we saw and an old church.
On the way home the sky and mountains were so spectacular, I couldn't stop shooting. Here's just some:
And the journey finishes with one of several Tolls.
The finale of a great first week.



Comments
Post a Comment