This picture shows that the canal actually was built over top of the train tracks. The roads and bridges on the left and right carry you over the train track and so the other day it dawned on me that the canal must go over top too, and it does. Pretty amazing!
We went to the market this morning and I said good bye (au revoir) to the vendors I've become friendly with. Joanna was with us today because the teachers are having a protestations day against the reforms the government has proposed. The farmer protests ended and the shelves at the grocery are being refilled. I went to take pictures of the empty shelves, I had discovered the other day, but there were pallets of supplies everywhere being replenished.
We went to a Junior match last Sunday afternoon. It was a gorgeous, spring-like day ( the kind I thought I'd encounter in Nice). Our team won. It was their first match of the season so like their senior counterparts they were elated.
Also, a wallet that was made from a recycled book of Sherlock, one of her favourites. They encountered this lady, who makes these when they were in Annecy. She loved it.
As at Christmas, we had to rush off before we could eat dessert-apple/rhubarb crumble, so he brought it to us on Monday, his day off, and we had supper together.
We did make it to catch the bus but it was several anxious minutes as we pulled up to our last change and our final bus pulled up right behind. If we'd missed it we would have had at least 5 km to walk at 9 pm and the street lights all go off in Domene at 11.
Still exploring different paths, these are some of the shots from my walk on Monday.
As usual, an interesting and informative blog. Safe travels home. All is well here.
ReplyDeleteLovely photos Jackie, I too have a fascination with graveyards, they look so interesting. So sad for you to be leaving but you sure enjoyed it barring the illness. See you soon!
ReplyDelete