Monday 30- decided this would be a beach day, so I gathered things into my backpack. Now I have beach shoes so the terrain will no longer be a problem. Before I left, I made banana muffins so I had a couple to take for a snack. Again, I took my book and wore my swimsuit, and off I went. The beach was not busy at all which was indicative of the conditions. I found a sandy spot, spread my towel, and proceeded to enjoy myself. The temperature was fine, but the day was grey, so it didn't inspire a swim. I read and looked around for over an hour. A windsurfer was getting a lesson and a lady was strolling back and forth talking English on her phone, but the airplanes taking off and landing prevented my eavesdropping.
Just past those boat masts is the airport which was on my left.Around noon I headed home. I hung out the clothes, walked the dog, then settled down to read and nap.
Tuesday 31- I walked the dog around 11 and went up a street I hadn't been on before. It was a bit uphill and then I turned and came down to something familiar. More streets discovered. Finished off 2 books in the afternoon.
Wednesday June 1- found out that my charge cord was broken for my Fire tablet. Thankfully, Tedy's cord for his Switch has the same USB-a end so I can use it while I'm here. I've ordered one from Amazon and its waiting for me at home. Catastrophe averted.🙄 Karen and Joanna went shopping and J got some cute sundresses and sandals.
Thursday 2- As a result of my exploring the other day and then studying my map, I made a plan to see a new area. There was a park(Forêt des Pugets) marked on the map so I decided to check it out. I started up the same street as Tuesday, but continued up and up and up and up. It required a few stops to catch my breath, but I recover quickly. When I reached the forest there was a map to show me the various paths available. I explored quite a bit so I could report to Karen as they'd never been. There were spots with exercise equipment. They call it a 'parcour' park.(for health)
I can truly say, " I've been to the mountain top."
In the one with the yellow bins, you can see all the way to the sea. Coming down was a different kind of challenge as there was no sidewalk for most of the way.
I also saw a sewing machine sign but couldn't find what business. I stopped and got a wrap and drink at a pizza place and ate in the Hotel de Ville park before I headed home. I was beat! I still walked the dog and went to get the kids, giving me a total of 11.4 km for the day. It did cause quite a strain on my bad hip and I spent a rough night trying to rest.
Friday 3- I laid low today and caught up on some reading. I hilighted my map to show all the streets I've been on, that I could recall.
Saturday 4- I walked the dog and left the kids at the playground to use up some energy and get fresh air. I tried to capture how high up I was on Thursday.
Tedy went to a birthday party in the afternoon at a paintball place in Vence, a community north of St. Laurent.
Unfortunately, the lady he drove with had car trouble so Karen had to go pick them up after the party and bring them home. It was a car load so I didn't get to go. After she dropped them she picked up Sam from the train. He is finished his year at cooking school and is here to do his 'stage' (apprentice month at a restaurant).
Another week done, and I'm sad to report only 10 days left. So much to see...so little time.












Interesting read, Jackie. You are getting many experiences!
ReplyDelete